Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was going to put it in camping equip section...then realized its just a general question.

im heading campin this weekend in central texas, and since there is basically a state wide burn ban i was wondering if any one you crafty folks have an idea what to do instead?

not wanting fire for heat...more of something to sit around and talk, that gives light and all...ya know

thanks for any suggestions!

·
Read Only
0 Posts
was going to put it in camping equip section...then realized its just a general question.

im heading campin this weekend in central texas, and since there is basically a state wide burn ban i was wondering if any one you crafty folks have an idea what to do instead?

not wanting fire for heat...more of something to sit around and talk, that gives light and all...ya know

thanks for any suggestions!
Here is the layout of burn bans by county in TX:
Texas Counties Burn Ban Declarations

If you are camping in San Saba county then you're in luck! If not then, well you'll have to find something else, lantern maybe?

Have fun camping:bigthumb:

·
Registered
204 Posts
One of those round BBQ pits could serve the purpose, just make sure there is a dog on it just in case. BE CAREFUL please, don't need a repeat of west texas over here.

·
Registered
74 Posts
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

"How do you combine old world Amish craftsmanship with modern heating technology? The Amish aren't telling..."

·
Registered
260 Posts
I always found this ad funny because no were in this fine wood shop do you see plastic or wires or heating elements except in the finished product......kinda feel like the pic may be lying to us a little bit? Gotta love marketing.

·
Registered
339 Posts
You can get portable propane powered fir pits. I see them at the RV shows all the time. Should be able to pick one up from any outdoor supply store.

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
What we did in Big Bend is take a "D" or "C" battery flashlight, pile wood around it, making sure the light beam is pointing up after you turn it on. We called it the "Al Bundy Campfire".:lol:

·
Registered
151 Posts
you could hang a couple battery powered lanterns...

·
Registered
2 Posts
You could always throw a whole lotta glowsticks into a fire pit.. kinda wierd.. i know... but we did it once during a ban.. and it lasted a really long time...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts