Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 09 FJ and three of the amber back lights in my center button cluster have burnt out....
The VSC, the ATRAC, and the bumper lights switches have all ceased to light up.

According to my service manager, its just burnt out bulbs...(I have an extended warranty, so its not like I took it in just for that).

Toyota wants $5 per bulb....and most places, once you include shipping, come to the same price, which is kinda steep for a dinky little incandescent bulb...

Is there any chance any of these will work?

$1.90 - 0.91W Car Instrument Yellow Light Bulbs for Audi/Toyota/Mitsubishi/Nissan - Black (5-Pack) - Car LED Light Bulbs

$2.50 - 1.12W Car Instrument Yellow Light Bulbs for Honda/Nissan/Mitsubishi/Toyota - Black (5-Pack) - Car LED Light Bulbs

$1.90 - 0.56W Car Instrument Yellow Light Bulbs for Audi/Honda/Toyota/Mitsubishi/Nissan - Green (5-Pack) - Car LED Light Bulbs

If yes...which ones?

Also, since there is a bulb socket in the Subwoofer switch, if I connect up the other two power lines in there and put a bulb in, will it light up?

Thanks....

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We pulled them, they're actual bulbs.....

And they're guessing the reason they're out, is because I keep my lights on at all times....

For some reason it seems like people don't see a big blue SUV coming at them....

I'm not talking about the indicator lights of on/off....which are green, I'm talking about the backlights, every switch I have has them, except for the inverter (since there wouldn't be room for it) and the sub, which as a empty bulb holder thingy (the black part on those that I linked) and two lines not connected that would power the light.

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
We pulled them, they're actual bulbs.....

And they're guessing the reason they're out, is because I keep my lights on at all times....

For some reason it seems like people don't see a big blue SUV coming at them....

I'm not talking about the indicator lights of on/off....which are green, I'm talking about the backlights, every switch I have has them, except for the inverter (since there wouldn't be room for it) and the sub, which as a empty bulb holder thingy (the black part on those that I linked) and two lines not connected that would power the light.
So they are claiming that this isn't a warranty item?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Correct, they say its just a maintenance part....

·
Registered
52 Posts
Bulbs wether they are interior or exterior should be covered for 3 years or 36,000 miles. Which ever comes first.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm already way past the 36k/mi.

I'm at ~48200mi.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts