Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Picked up my near-mint-condition 6-speed 2013 FJ back in February. Been building it up slightly to get it a bit more trail ready, highly influenced by info gleaned from y'all on these forums (notably The First $2000 in the 4x4 discussion forum). Finally got out wheelin' this past Saturday. Here are a few pics...

Pics are thanks to my friend Ryan who rode shotgun. More of his shots from the day here:
Beer Safari 2015-07-11

Stellar outing with a great crew (driving mostly old Rovers) who let me tag along. The FJ performed flawlessly (somewhat in spite of my driving) and the armor I added served its purpose admirably. After washing all the mud off, I saw nothing to show for the day but "flesh wounds" in the armor, plus a few on the rims. Body panels, drivetrain, suspension, etc are still pretty much pristine.

Quick rundown of current off-road-related component configuration...

FACTORY:
• 4x4, 6-speed, A-TRAC, rear e-locker, 17"×7.5" alloy wheels
AFTERMARKET:
• BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2 (285/70R17) tires
• All-Pro/Daystar 1" Polyurethane Coil Spacer front leveling lift
• All-Pro Heavy-Duty sliders
• BudBuilt steel skids (5-piece combo)
• Metal-Tech Offset Rear Lower Links
• OPOR Link Guards frame-side lower link bracket skids
• Baertrax Shock Mount Armor

Pretty minimal compared to most builds I see here, and I aims to keep it that way for the most part (this being my daily driver), but front & rear bumpers and a winch are still pretty high on my wish list. We'll see where we go from here. ;)

Anyway, I wanted to share the photos, and to say "hi!" and "thanks!" to y'all for the wealth of info I've gleaned from these forums through my process of seeking, finding, buying, modifying, and driving my new FJC so far. You might be seeing more of me hereabouts, perhaps including a "member build up" thread as my truck evolves.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Welcome from Saskatchewan, truck looks great.

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
GREAT pics of your FJC... Welcome to the crew.

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
28,832 Posts
Welcome!

·
Premium Member
4,669 Posts
Welcome from Colorado. Very nice pictures of your rig.

·
Admin
6,514 Posts
Great pics and looks like a great trail!
:cheers:

·
Premium Member
16,348 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Premium Member
2,204 Posts
Welcome from Tennessee

1 - 17 of 17 Posts