Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
IMHO the flares should be a solution for needing more coverage for your existing tire/wheel/suspension setup rather than a goal themselves.

If you are just starting out with the FJC the price of a set of bushwackers can get you quite a ways toward mods that will be more beneficial than just looks.

The stock setup/bushwacker issue has been discussed a bunch on here (like this thread) but I think it looks kinda goofy if you don't have tires that are wider than 285 or spacers

:lol: that's a bald 265/75/16 i sold my 35" on that day
funny looking...

here's a 35" Nitto's

yes these flares are flimsy, that's why i enclosed mine in line-X.. now i have a 3 ply plastic fender instead of 1 :lol: :bigthumb:

I like my Bushwackers :bigthumb:

:cheers:

·
Premium Member
13,321 Posts
Wackin the bush is always good :D

Ive had mine for a while and agree they are cheap, poorly fitted and hold onto more crap after being offroad than you would want to know. Walk up to any FJ that has them- hit them and see the dirt fall down on the tires (except Istambull- he keeps his clean).

They do however keep the LT front end covered and after finally playing in the mud with the Pitbulls- they somewhat contained the carnage. I like the fiberglass look better but for the cost to do and then worry about bumping a tree/ rock on an of camber hill (like going down Angry Jeep backwards; in the rain; at night and not knowing the trail :lol: :rofl:...

They work- thats about it.

Otherwise its the Bullfrog look...:lol:

:cheers:

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
:lol: that's a bald 265/75/16 i sold my 35" on that day
funny looking...
Yeah I think your rig looks killer with the flares and the blackout. I was just looking for a quick pic to demonstrate what stock size tires look like with bushwackers for the OP.

I just think you need the right wheel/tire suspension setup to pull of the BW look.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I have mine line-x'd and I love the look been meaning to do the snorkel for a while... Love em

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
18 Posts
So, other than appearance and price: What's the difference between Bushwacker "Pocket" style flares and "Extend-A-Fender" ???

·
Registered
18 Posts
銀チタン;2477717 said:
Indentations for faux bolts is the extent.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Thanks for that easily to understand reply.

All I want is something to keep the mud from flying through the windows. I think I'll skip the BWers and come up with something my own self that will work.

drive straight,
devro

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Line-X is the way to go, I have been meaning to spray mine since I got em.
I sprayed mine with rustoleum truck bed liner. I'm pretty happy with the result, but I do understand that Line-X would add more rigidity to the whole flare.

·
Premium Member
4,049 Posts
I like my Bushwacker flares;

And my NorCal buddies too!

21 - 31 of 31 Posts