Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there everybody, its me again , well , my engine went to **** ... and either way im gonna have to buy another one
i was wondering if i could get the previous engine and what would be needed to do the swap.. computer, motor mounts etc, what is tdiffeerent
this is intending to buy a supercharger later and or (difficult i know) get myself the old engine /supercharge combo, how easy or not is this swap,
do you know if someone her made it??, thank you!

·
Premium Member
4,733 Posts
this is intending to buy a supercharger later and or (difficult i know) get myself the old engine /supercharge combo, how easy or not is this swap
Toyota brought a supercharged FJ to FJ Summit in 2012 or 2013, called the FJ-S. Toyota ultimately never sold the supercharger -- rumor is TRD gave everything to Magnuson? -- but you can just buy that Magnuson supercharger for your 2010+ FJ: FJ Cruiser

The amount of work to retrofit a 10+ truck for a '07-09 engine is certainly more work / effort than the risk that a Magnuson supercharger for a 2010+ isn't as good as a TRD supercharger.

So, my advice: put another '10-'12 engine into your truck (the '13+ has extra emissions stuff you won't want) then buy the Magnuson supercharger. Also, if you want your truck to feel even faster, you could also regear the differentials (4.88's?).

Good luck!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sorry I can't help you with the retrofit side of things. Curious though, any idea what let loose and detonated your original motor?

·
Registered
325 Posts
It's very easy to do, I have a friend who has a 2008 and his driver emptied without tightening the bolt and took the highway, break lool
In short, he found here a 2011 on a wreck, you take the ECM, the harness and the complete engine.
He is happy to have won a few horses.

I have a 2010 with a Magnuson supercharge but I have been down for a year or more for problems never solved.
The last thing we found is that there is a problem with my ECM, I bought one from you in the USA, sent to Magnuson to have it flash the ECM themselves, they took delay and too late emergency measure in France and here so my ECM stayed with Magnuson :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts