Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Glad to be here (newbee). I am excited about this 4wd. I currently ride a TJ, with a 4-inch terraflex lift. I think this could be the new ride I am looking for. Every other ORV is a BLING-BLING machine, or a compact car, pretending to be off-road-ready. Should We stand in line, to buy a new one? What is the pricing going to be. Over MSRP? Maybee wait?

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
California could go either way. If enough people see them and fall for them, then it will be really tough to get them as the dealers aren't going to be getting very many each month. Dealers around here are saying 2-4 and Market Value instead of MSRP.

I'm buying with a dealer in California because he guaranteed MSRP.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I'm buying later. I don't like buying something when it's hot, prices are very hard to negotiate. Besides, buying a first-year edition (yes, even for a Toyota) is dicey. I know that the powertrain/drivetrain have been in production for a few years now and may have been revised/proven, however, there are other things. I'm also waiting for other color/combo (especially without a white roof and dark gray metallic like color) and the unlikely, revised gear ratio for the tranny (i.e. close-ratio gearbox) and part-time transfer case for the 6sp.

Oh well, maybe I won't buy one at all, at least not now. End of 2007 is a probability.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts