Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BUYERS BEWARE!!! I paid for this (Baja Concepts Axe & Shovel Mount) over a month ago using PayPal friends and family because PNWFJC told me that is how he wanted the payment and still nothing. No part arrival. After a few weeks he tells me he shipped it to the wrong address and it came back only AFTER I asked why the Axe & Shovel mounts did not arrive. Then he gives me a new USPS tracing number that shows for 10 days to only be created in the USPS website and never dropped off to USPS for acceptance. Now, no replies or communication of any kind when I ask about this! I warn others because I’m out the $$$ and don’t know what to do about. This guy has other stuff for sale right now on this site so potential buyers beware. Pretty screwed! Don’t know what to do about it.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Nothing you can do about it when you send someone cash (F&F)
There is NEVER a reason to do that when purchasing parts from an individual and unfortunately this is just another, of many, PSA for using PayPal Friends & Family, Venmo, Zelle to send money with no protection.

Live and learn and hopefully you’re not out too much money, but the second you hit send you were already screwed. People who claim to only accept F&F are scamming you, 100% of the time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
798 Posts
... People who claim to only accept F&F are scamming you, 100% of the time.
I wouldn’t say that’s true 100% of the time. I usually request F&F because the PayPal fee is charged to the recipient if F&F is not used.

If a seller is asking for F&F but you feel like you want protection, offer to pay the fee and see how they react. There’s no legitimate reason why they should refuse.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience OP. Hopefully PNWFJC will make it right. I’d hate to think we have a thief in the PNW >:-|

Dan

·
A-Team Moderator
10,827 Posts
BUYERS BEWARE!!! I paid for this (Baja Concepts Axe & Shovel Mount) over a month ago using PayPal friends and family because PNWFJC told me that is how he wanted the payment and still nothing. No part arrival. After a few weeks he tells me he shipped it to the wrong address and it came back only AFTER I asked why the Axe & Shovel mounts did not arrive. Then he gives me a new USPS tracing number that shows for 10 days to only be created in the USPS website and never dropped off to USPS for acceptance. Now, no replies or communication of any kind when I ask about this! I warn others because I’m out the $$$ and don’t know what to do about. This guy has other stuff for sale right now on this site so potential buyers beware. Pretty screwed! Don’t know what to do about it.
He's edited/deleted the 1st post. What was the total amount?

·
Registered
247 Posts
I wouldn’t say that’s true 100% of the time. I usually request F&F because the PayPal fee is charged to the recipient if F&F is not used.

If a seller is asking for F&F but you feel like you want protection, offer to pay the fee and see how they react. There’s no legitimate reason why they should refuse.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience OP. Hopefully PNWFJC will make it right. I’d hate to think we have a thief in the PNW >:-|

Dan
People who claim to ONLY accept F&F are 100% trying to screw you, there is no reason why anyone would not accept a standard PayPal payment.

Legitimate sellers either include the 3% into their asking price, or request buyer to add 3% if they don’t want to pay the fee.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Admin
7,229 Posts
He's edited/deleted the 1st post. What was the total amount?
"
Axe and Shovel mount from Baja Rack for use on their flat utility rack. Should fit other racks as well. Used for about 6 months before removing it then I forgot I still had them.

$80 shipped from Portland, OR.
"

·
Admin
7,229 Posts
All other sale threads for that user have been closed pending a resolution to this conflict.

Reactions: SilvFx and bhoward
1 - 9 of 9 Posts