Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a few members in another thread offering to go and check out vehicles for folks when they are looking at ones from out of their area, and had an idea:

What if we had a "Buyer's Helpers" thread (or some other useful name?) where folks could say something like, "Would be glad to help buyers by looking at vehicles in the XXX area..." so that perspective buyers could get a pair of eyes on a vehicle before purchasing? Hopefully the helpers would do at no charge, but if buyers wanted to offer them a few bucks via paypal / venmo for a few beverages of their choice or a supper for their time, that would be cool.

Of course, prospective buyers would need to understand that the helper is simply looking / taking pictures, etc... not an expert mechanic diagnosing any possible issues / problems etc.

Good / bad idea?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I certainly could've used help like that. Id be happy to help someone but I live in a remote rural area where there's not much chance of an FJ being on sale.

·
MOAB SUPERSTAR
6,009 Posts
It happens fairly often around here! Usually occurs spontaneously, like when someone posts up a vehicle they’re considering, and a member who happens to live nearby volunteers to go look. Generous bunch of people on this forum...that said, your idea is a good one and I encourage you to go ahead and create the thread - it just might help connect people with their future FJ which we all know is a worthy goal 😀

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
I would always be willing to help, take a look, pictures etc. Hell I might even take it for a drive for someone, LOL.

So I think good idea.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts