Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to start a thread for anyone looking to purchase a 2011 FJ or, those who have already purchased a 2011 to help with negotiating. I am in the midst of battling back and forth with 3 dealers on the East Coast and here is the scenario:

2011 FJ
AUTO
4WD
Convenience Pkg - $2150
Running Boards - $345
Upgrade Pkg - $3030
Floor mats - $222
Destination Vharge - $810

Total: $33477.00

I am hoping to get the truck for $30K but we shall see how my negotiations go! Any thoughts from other 2011 owners are appreciated.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I got my 2010 (TT) FJ for about the same price... they wouldnt budge. Wish i had waited, im a fan of the new army green color they are giving the trail team edittion.

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Invoice should be about 30600.00 give or take a penny...

I don't know how much they need to sell them as none of us have a lot on the ground and the FJ sells with out a worry..

I wouldn't consider anything less that 1500 over inovice on an FJ.. and being the number 1 FJ dealer in the NW with 96 sold last year at our store, we can't be doing it wrong.. The next dealer to us didn't even sell 50..

Good luck in your hunt and report.. But I think you should start a little higher in your pricing...

:cheers:
Jim Dawson
Sales Manager
Toyota of Kirkland
Kirkland, WA

·
Registered
545 Posts
Floor mats - $222
$222? Are they offering the rubber all-weather mats again? Surely they're not asking that much for those crappy cloth floor mats, are they?

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'm in the market for an FJ too, and a friend of mine turned me onto the USAA.com "Car Buying Service". I USAA has participating dealers across the country and the "pre negotiated price" price for the vehicle with options you are looking for is $30,193.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
i bought mine yesterday after a couple of days of negotiating and searching... i paid Dealer" INVOICE" in seattle so i think i did alright...

Iceberg 2011 with conv./ towpackage/ preffered accessory pack/ roof rack for $29395... got main package for $650 and gap insurance from toyota... it was around 33k out the door with taxes licensing and docs

·
Registered
44 Posts
I wanted to start a thread for anyone looking to purchase a 2011 FJ or, those who have already purchased a 2011 to help with negotiating. I am in the midst of battling back and forth with 3 dealers on the East Coast and here is the scenario:

2011 FJ
AUTO
4WD
Convenience Pkg - $2150
Running Boards - $345
Upgrade Pkg - $3030
Floor mats - $222
Destination Vharge - $810

Total: $33477.00

I am hoping to get the truck for $30K but we shall see how my negotiations go! Any thoughts from other 2011 owners are appreciated.

I've been pricing out the very same(for the most part) 2011.....the one I got a quote on has everything you want plus daytime running lights which are $40.00.....th best price I've been able to get is $30,584...which is right at invoice. I'm going to order or get in on a dealer allotment for one being built because I don't need or want the floor mats(get Weathertech instead), running lights or running boards(paralyzed and need extra room to transfer).....That would save me $607.00.....but would get the towhitch w/wiring harness ($349)....so the best I'll see around here is $30,300...and I'd make them throw in a passenger arm rest and maybe a shop/repair manual.
Good Luck to you.....let us know what you end up with !

Rhoppe

·
Registered
132 Posts
Check Costco. When i bought my TT that had a 500 over invoice no haggle price. If you really do not want to deal with them and you can feel good about paying a tad over invoice this is a good way to go. When you buy this way you deal with the internet folks usually and there is very little high pressure sales BS.

you can also use true car to get a great deal that I am told they have to honor. I just put in the options that you had in your post and the true car price came back at about 29k

just my .02

·
Registered
205 Posts
2011 Trail Teams edition
Offroad lights w/ wind deflector
TRD catback
Billet door sills
Passenger arm rest

MSRP $35,894
Invoice $33,334
USAA Price $32,534

I think I may take this deal

·
Registered
338 Posts
Check Costco. When i bought my TT that had a 500 over invoice no haggle price. If you really do not want to deal with them and you can feel good about paying a tad over invoice this is a good way to go. When you buy this way you deal with the internet folks usually and there is very little high pressure sales BS.

you can also use true car to get a great deal that I am told they have to honor. I just put in the options that you had in your post and the true car price came back at about 29k

just my .02
I agree about truecar.com. It truly helps set a great negotiating price.:cheers:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I too am using USAA, which definitely seems to be the way to go...except in my region, they are only a little under invoice price. The major problem I am having is finding an FJ with manual transmission, and apparently the TT version will only come in auto per two of my local dealerships. Can anyone confirm this?

·
Premium Member
1,631 Posts
I agree about truecar.com. It truly helps set a great negotiating price.:cheers:
Looking at the options on the FJ, I see that daytime running lights are an option. I would have thought that these would be standard equipment by now. But then again, they might not make any without daytime running lights so it really isn't an option then.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I too am using USAA, which definitely seems to be the way to go...except in my region, they are only a little under invoice price. The major problem I am having is finding an FJ with manual transmission, and apparently the TT version will only come in auto per two of my local dealerships. Can anyone confirm this?
Being that you have to go in and order this vehicle, I would go ask your local dealership if you can order it with the mt. I don't see why it would be an issue, but then again I know nothing about mechanics :thinkerg:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Being that you have to go in and order this vehicle, I would go ask your local dealership if you can order it with the mt. I don't see why it would be an issue, but then again I know nothing about mechanics :thinkerg:
It's not an issue...just "10-14 weeks with a $2,500 deposit" and "maybe" they can get one...i guess this is the price I pay for a "custom" job...;)

·
Registered
338 Posts
Looking at the options on the FJ, I see that daytime running lights are an option. I would have thought that these would be standard equipment by now. But then again, they might not make any without daytime running lights so it really isn't an option then.
They do, indeed, make them without DRLs. Two on my dealers lot as we speak. The fleet mgr, a friend of mine, said that many people don't like them, so he orders them without....

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have been lurking for a while now.....

Preparing to follow up a bit on a negotiation:

2011 FJ
4X4 Auto
Convenience Package
Upgrade Package
Passenger Side Armrest
Roof Rack
Bumper-Mounted Auxiliary Driving Lights

FJ invoices for $34159 (including destination)

Offered to me at $31800 plus taxes and fees

Seems to be a pretty fair deal to me. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
535 Posts
I have been lurking for a while now.....

Preparing to follow up a bit on a negotiation:

2011 FJ
4X4 Auto
Convenience Package
Upgrade Package
Passenger Side Armrest
Roof Rack
Bumper-Mounted Auxiliary Driving Lights

FJ invoices for $34159 (including destination)

Offered to me at $31800 plus taxes and fees

Seems to be a pretty fair deal to me. Any thoughts?
If you can actually get the vehicle for $2359 under invoice, that's a spectacular deal.

I just purchased my 2011 for $650 over invoice, a pretty good deal for my area.

On the other hand if $34,159 is the sticker price, we're back to a good deal.

·
Registered
42 Posts
(duplicate, sorry)

·
Registered
42 Posts
(duplicate)

1 - 20 of 105 Posts