Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 40 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Sounds like plenty of offers are out there for much less than 1500 over invoice, 007. But I like the Kirkland dealership a lot, and you give back a lot to the FJ community. (I may be spoiled, though. I got my 2008, new, with all the above options when Toyota was panicking and FJ sales were tanking in Jan 2009. 25k. New! Same price offered by three Seattle area dealers at the time. And sales tax on new vehicle purchases was fully tax deductable, too. 25k. Dang. That's what they're selling for three years old USED now! But I really shouldn't gloat- sorry.)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Ordered my 2011 at Fitzgerald Lakeforest Toyota in Gaithersburg, MD. $700 over invoice, 4x4 AT, running boards, convenience package, upgrade package, DRL's, roof rack, trailer hitch, passenger arm rest, carpet mats, rear rubber mat, exhaust tip for $32,829 including freight.
Mike

·
Registered
53 Posts
I wanted to start a thread for anyone looking to purchase a 2011 FJ or, those who have already purchased a 2011 to help with negotiating. I am in the midst of battling back and forth with 3 dealers on the East Coast and here is the scenario:

2011 FJ
AUTO
4WD
Convenience Pkg - $2150
Running Boards - $345
Upgrade Pkg - $3030
Floor mats - $222
Destination Vharge - $810

Total: $33477.
I am hoping to get the truck for $30K but we shall see how my negotiations go! Any thoughts from other 2011 owners are appreciated.

OK, I just bought a 2011 Trail Teams for $31k, Manual.
Portland Oregon is a major port for Toyota so the dealers her have a slight advantage. Shipping 3000 miles would cost about $1500.

You can call the sales guy that helped me @503-544-3500, his name is Jeff Karlin. I'm only plugging this guy because he was able to get the TT/Man that no one else could - and at a very fair price. Can't hurt to call the guy, tell him Tom sent you:wave:

·
Registered
29 Posts
OK, I just bought a 2011 Trail Teams for $31k, Manual.
Portland Oregon is a major port for Toyota so the dealers her have a slight advantage. Shipping 3000 miles would cost about $1500.

You can call the sales guy that helped me @503-544-3500, his name is Jeff Karlin. I'm only plugging this guy because he was able to get the TT/Man that no one else could - and at a very fair price. Can't hurt to call the guy, tell him Tom sent you:wave:
Portland is an hour away from me. Can you tell me which dealership Jeff works for? Thanks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The 30k would be about cost to them, so I doubt it, unless they really need to get rid of it, but then again I think you find battling and beating them down so to say, They are not going to be on your side or go out of there way for you in the future, why should they, hopefully you get a good price, but have a good releationship with them, IF you have a good dealer, this could be a good thing. I do work for alot of dealers, I know how they think, well how alot of them think at least. good luck.

I wanted to start a thread for anyone looking to purchase a 2011 FJ or, those who have already purchased a 2011 to help with negotiating. I am in the midst of battling back and forth with 3 dealers on the East Coast and here is the scenario:

2011 FJ
AUTO
4WD
Convenience Pkg - $2150
Running Boards - $345
Upgrade Pkg - $3030
Floor mats - $222
Destination Vharge - $810

Total: $33477.00

I am hoping to get the truck for $30K but we shall see how my negotiations go! Any thoughts from other 2011 owners are appreciated.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Thoughts on this deal? Dealer is showing invoice below and a total of Total $33,788.20....

2011 FJ TTSE
Armrest
Rear storage net
Door sill protector
Tint
Drop hitch reciever
TRD dual exhaust

Invoice
Base $24,999.00
Options $7,178.20
Manuf. Delv, Proc, & Hndlg $815.00
Admin $796.00
Total $33,788.20

Offered @ $32,488.20

·
Premium Member
970 Posts
Sounds like plenty of offers are out there for much less than 1500 over invoice, 007. But I like the Kirkland dealership a lot, and you give back a lot to the FJ community. (I may be spoiled, though. I got my 2008, new, with all the above options when Toyota was panicking and FJ sales were tanking in Jan 2009. 25k. New! Same price offered by three Seattle area dealers at the time. And sales tax on new vehicle purchases was fully tax deductable, too. 25k. Dang. That's what they're selling for three years old USED now! But I really shouldn't gloat- sorry.)
Yes, you are right, there are plenty of deals out there for less than 1500 over invoice and in our area we are not the highest or the lowest in overall deal pricing..

Some dealers will offer a lower price for the New car and not offer a fair value for the Trade in.. Others will offer a higher price and a average price on trades..

We are right in the middle, we offer a fair value on both sides and have a very experienced crew to take care of your needs on all of our vehicles not just the FJ. Plus we have a great service dept..

With being the number 1 FJ dealer in the NW we have to be doing something right..

and believe it or not, most of the time the lowest price doesn't always win..

Sometimes it does and we choose not to play that game, it isn't worth it to sell anything for no profit margin,

All these deals you see out there which are way below invoice, for any Toyota are smoke...

What makes a great deal and a great dealership, is what you all complain about...

We have a very experienced crew he to answer all your questions, and Most or our salespeople ( not all) but more that 3/4 know more than you do about what they are talking about...

And I know that is a major problem for a lot of you on the forum..

Yes, we do give back to the community and to the FJ family.. But that aside, we take care of all our customers no matter what...

That is what it is all about.. Taking care of the customer, and that Nordstrom service cost money...

Being the 2nd largest Toyota dealer in WA, we have to be doing somthing right..

:cheers:

·
Registered
205 Posts
Thoughts on this deal? Dealer is showing invoice below and a total of Total $33,788.20....

2011 FJ TTSE
Armrest
Rear storage net
Door sill protector
Tint
Drop hitch reciever
TRD dual exhaust

Invoice
Base $24,999.00
Options $7,178.20
Manuf. Delv, Proc, & Hndlg $815.00
Admin $796.00
Total $33,788.20
That isn't an awful price. I didn't know the trd dual exhaust was an option. Nice.

·
Registered
134 Posts
just closed on our '11 today

4wd,
auto,
conv pkg,
upg pkg,
5 carpet mat set,
DRL,
roof rack
Dealer install OEM Tow hitch+wiring (not installed at factory)
cargo net,
aftermarket seat heaters installed (front seats)
$31,400 incl destination
+300 doc prep (no registry/running or prep or adv fees)
Fair deal I think.

·
Registered
40 Posts
FWIW and I have no idea if this is a good, bad, fair, etc. deal. It's just what I did and I'm happy... no rough hagle, fake tantrums or attempts to walk on the deal, just an easy deal.

The paperwork has been signed but I'm still a while off from actually seeing my TTSE FJ... but:

2011 Trail Teams FJ Base price 26,880
TT package 6,475
Floor mats 222
Total MSRP $33,577
Total Invoice $31,931

Paying $32,231

Paying $32,231 or $300 over invoice

·
Registered
24 Posts
I finally pulled the trigger on my FJ. I have been lusting after them for over four years now. I did plenty of research on pricing and spoke with three local dealers here in the Las Vegas area, plus several out of state. Here is the deal I got in the end...

Black FJ AT/4x4 with CQ(convenience pack), UR(upgrade pack), 3T(roof rack), 5L(rock rails), DH(tow hitch w/harness), CF(carpet mats), EL(passenger arm rest), E5(shiny exhaust tip).

Sticker was $34,865

Out the door was $31.9k

The deal also included dealer installed tint, and two tanks of gas. :rocker:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just bought my 2011 after a year of research and saving! Found my exact configuration and negotiated with a nearby dealer in the event they could obtain it in a dealer trade. Then went in to the actual dealer and got it 300 lower than that.

4x4 convinience, upgrade, running lights, tow hitch, roof rack - $31,232 (211 under invoice). I think I did very well! :rocker:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Just bought my 2011 after a year of research and saving! Found my exact configuration and negotiated with a nearby dealer in the event they could obtain it in a dealer trade. Then went in to the actual dealer and got it 300 lower than that.

4x4 convinience, upgrade, running lights, tow hitch, roof rack - $31,232 (211 under invoice). I think I did very well! :rocker:
yup similar deal that we got. Your sticker was about 33,9. Invoice is about 31,3. dealer cost is about 30,8. (from truecar.com-prices will vary market to market- those are the prices in our zipcode)

great deal getting it under their invoice!

We have your truck (+ the 5 mats kit, and had them put in aftermarket heated seats and threw in a rear door cargo net for 31.4) so a similar deal, again prices vary market to market.

Not much more room to wiggle once you get under the invoice

Just remember the "rear cargo net" won't fit with he sub (unless you add your own hook on the pass side!). They originally gave us that.. but now are installing the "rear DOOR net" instead.

Stunning deals on these trucks new.. looked at used and were holding their values quite well.. for 3-4k over a year or 2 old truck.. well worth the $$ to get new (runs on regular gas now as well!)

·
Registered
31 Posts
yup similar deal that we got. Your sticker was about 33,9. Invoice is about 31,3. dealer cost is about 30,8. (from truecar.com-prices will vary market to market- those are the prices in our zipcode)

great deal getting it under their invoice!

We have your truck (+ the 5 mats kit, and had them put in aftermarket heated seats and threw in a rear door cargo net for 31.4) so a similar deal, again prices vary market to market.

Not much more room to wiggle once you get under the invoice

Just remember the "rear cargo net" won't fit with he sub (unless you add your own hook on the pass side!). They originally gave us that.. but now are installing the "rear DOOR net" instead.

Stunning deals on these trucks new.. looked at used and were holding their values quite well.. for 3-4k over a year or 2 old truck.. well worth the $$ to get new (runs on regular gas now as well!)
For sure... I heavily considered a new 2010 as well (and used briefly but dismissed that idea fairly early), but in the end, the 2011 was well worth it.

I did also get the mats and armrest as well, just didn't mention it. I actually could have done without the mats as I'll be getting weathertech pretty quickly, but I didn't bother fighting them on it... can always save them and include if I ever decide to sell.

Thanks for the info on the cargo net... I'll keep an eye for the rear door net if I decide I need that.

Also just a quick note on fees:

They wouldn't budge on dealer holdback or advertising fees, but when I pushed they were willing to waive the "wholesale finance reserve" for 268 which was basically what got me down under invoice. I figure between holdback and ad frees (no doubt an inflated fee and honestly, who ever sees FJs being advertised? Lol), they probably made about 600-700 on the deal which I'm totally cool with.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Picking up a Silver Fresco (grey) 2011 after work today.....

4WD
auto trans
convenience
off road
rack
hitch (factory)
arm rest
mats (carpet)
running boards (leaving on till I get sliders for door ding protection)
alloy rims (w/Dunflop AT-20s, why did mine get the worst tires ever made)
DRL's

$100 over invoice + fees. CA sales tax will take your breath away. I'll post the #'s Wed when I have the paperwork in hand......

·
Registered
676 Posts
Picking up a Silver Fresco (grey) 2011 after work today.....

4WD
auto trans
convenience
off road
rack
hitch (factory)
arm rest
mats (carpet)
running boards (leaving on till I get sliders for door ding protection)
alloy rims (w/Dunflop AT-20s, why did mine get the worst tires ever made)
DRL's

$100 over invoice + fees. CA sales tax will take your breath away. I'll post the #'s Wed when I have the paperwork in hand......

Dont do it. People will just tell you how much less they paid and how much money you could have saved. If you like the deal and happy with it. enjoy the FJ and beat it to hell..LoL. :rocker:

·
Registered
353 Posts
Dont do it. People will just tell you how much less they paid and how much money you could have saved. If you like the deal and happy with it. enjoy the FJ and beat it to hell..LoL. :rocker:
I traded my 06 TRD Prerunner w/70K for it straight across. Signed the papers and drove the FJ home............. :bigthumb: Beat that deal :cheers:

I already got mud on it before I got it home.... Had to try it out a little. 50 miles on it this AM when I got to work and already spilled my morning soda in it... On my way to treating it right. :clap:

·
Registered
676 Posts
I traded my 06 TRD Prerunner w/70K for it straight across. Signed the papers and drove the FJ home............. :bigthumb: Beat that deal :cheers:

I already got mud on it before I got it home.... Had to try it out a little. 50 miles on it this AM when I got to work and already spilled my morning soda in it... On my way to treating it right. :clap:
Nice!!

21 - 40 of 105 Posts