Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

81 - 100 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
okay so i'm in the process of negotiating a 2011 and there's alot of unadvertised fees, do these sound a little BS or are all of these fair?

Dealer Holdback $610.00
Advertising Fee $823.00
Parts Inventory $82.00
Financial Reserve $305.00
Gas $14.00
Inspection $63.00

Total: $1,897

I mean if I'm entitled to pay all of these fees before tax title and license i'd already be paying $1,897 over invoice. Do those numbers make sense?
All of these are BS, mine was 29500 + TTL and no other fees.

Try using truecar.com, its not perfect (you have to match the car to dealer inventory, not the other way around) but you'll get past these BS things much quicker. I got mine under the truecar.com price even.

·
Premium Member
6,607 Posts
These are profit centers for the dealer. Your goal is to get the car at dealer invoice or lower. If not, try a different dealer.

okay so i'm in the process of negotiating a 2011 and there's alot of unadvertised fees, do these sound a little BS or are all of these fair?

Dealer Holdback $610.00
Advertising Fee $823.00
Parts Inventory $82.00
Financial Reserve $305.00
Gas $14.00
Inspection $63.00

Total: $1,897

I mean if I'm entitled to pay all of these fees before tax title and license i'd already be paying $1,897 over invoice. Do those numbers make sense?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Looking at a NSSE with a ton of options.

5-PIECE CARPETED FLOOR & CARGO MAT SET
- BUMPER MOUNTED AUXILIARY LIGHTS
- PASSENGER SIDE ARMREST
- REAR DOOR STORAGE
- ROCK RAILS
- ROOF RACK
- ROOF RACK MOUNTED OFF-ROAD LIGHTS W/WIND DEFLECTOR
- TOWING RECEIVER HITCH W/WIRE HARNESS​

Lowest I got was 32,200 and a good amount for my trade in.

Should I bite or keep shopping??

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
6,607 Posts
that's a very good price. if you like the color then go for it.

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
2011 TTSE with quickshifter (manual) for 34,307 + ttl

Dealer wouldn't move on the price, then another $1700 for 8 year 75,000 mile warranty.

I still can opt out on the warranty any thoughts on warranty and if its worth purchasing?

·
Premium Member
6,607 Posts
no need to buy a warranty from the dealer. You can buy the warranty at any time prior to the end of 3 year warranty. plus, if you shop around you can get it for a lot less than they are quoting you. do a search on warranty and you will find the info you need.

·
Premium Member
8,986 Posts
There are several guys on the forum which work in Toyota dealerships and the consensus is this. Try going through the internet sales manager when looking for your FJ. The reason is that these guys know you are sitting at home in your underwear shooting emails off to numerous dealerships looking for "the deal". Unless they are the dealer to offer you the best deal right off the bat they have very little chance of getting you to enter their dealership. I did just that when I bought my FJ. At the time FJ's were still selling for $500-$1000 over dealer invoice. I sent off three emails and got back three quotes which were all for invoice the I just picked my dealer of choice.

I had already checked and knew what the cost was on each option and went through it all with the salesman. My biggest error, and a lesson many have learned, is that I went into the dealership planning to buy a stripped Sandstorm with steel wheels but then convinced myself at the last moment to buy the loaded model which was close to $5K more.

Since then, I have replaced the original tires, wheels, roof rack, stereo, subwoofer, and the factory sliders. Since I financed, I paid even more (with interest) for these extras which I replaced anyway. Stupid me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just purchased 2011 FJ, Black. Conv. Pack, Off-Road Pack, Tow Hitch, Armrest, Exhaust tip, Daytime Running, Roof rack, floor/cargo mats. Paid $500 below dealer invoice. Right around 30k...(dealer invoice is never truly what they pay, with various factory incentives, etc..but it is a good negotiating starting point) Worked only through email, emailed 5 dealers, made sure they knew what I wanted, and then simply forwarded their emails around until they battled it out amongst themselves. Ended up going with the most responsive and willing to simply put it out straight...Good Luck. I feel like it was a win/win.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've lined up what I think is a pretty good deal for a 2011 Trail Teams with:

Drop hitch
Door Sill Enhance
Passenger Armrest
SS Exhaust Tip
3M Paint Protection

$33,750 + TT&L

Total out the door is: $36,209.19 (sales tax is 6.75% here in TX). I've been working the internet for days to get this price for my husband and wanted to make sure this was a good deal. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've lined up what I think is a pretty good deal for a 2011 Trail Teams with:

Drop hitch
Door Sill Enhance
Passenger Armrest
SS Exhaust Tip
3M Paint Protection

$33,750 + TT&L

Total out the door is: $36,209.19 (sales tax is 6.75% here in TX). I've been working the internet for days to get this price for my husband and wanted to make sure this was a good deal. Any thoughts?
Diana, sounds great! What is ETA for delivery?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Diana, sounds great! What is ETA for delivery?
Already took delivery this past Saturday!! Husband happy!

This one was purchased to replace the 2011 FJ that was totaled two weeks ago by an elderly man who ran a red light. Everyone is OK. Still negotiating with the insurance company for the settlement amount. Ugh.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sorry to hear about the accident but glad to hear you got the car ok.

I just got an internet quote for a 2011 TTSE (no other options)...

2011 TTSE
Carpet floor+mats
Towing hitch+wire harness
Delivery Processing & handling ($810)

MSRP: $35,611
Internet Price: $32,611 + TT + $200 processing fee

Good price?

·
Registered
91 Posts

2011 TTSE
Carpet floor+mats

Good price?
That's a very good price, about $600 below invoice. I paid $32,411 for the same vehicle without the hitch, and it was $672 below invoice before processing according to true car price, so about $472 below invoice out the door.

·
Registered
5 Posts

2011 TTSE
Carpet floor+mats

Good price?
That is an awesome price. My MSRP was $35,997 and I got it down to $33,750 but yours is even lower. Jump on it!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I drove one yesterday I really want. I need some input please
2011 Iceburg
off road package
convenience package
17" alloys
carpet floor and cargo mats
daytime lights
roof rack
They said they will sell it to me $200 over invoice since I do work for the owners mom...they say cost is $30593 plus $200 over invoice = $30793 plus tt&l for a grand total of$33171.90 out the door. I really like the truck but its kind of weird. Theres no subwoofer or 120 volt plug in the back. I thought it comes with the cq package? Its not anything Id need but Im curious if Im paying for it and not getting it.From my research on truecar It seems the cost should be $30250. Any thought on what to offer or is it a good deal?
Thanks all

·
Registered
5 Posts
I drove one yesterday I really want. I need some input please
2011 Iceburg
off road package
convenience package
17" alloys
carpet floor and cargo mats
daytime lights
roof rack
They said they will sell it to me $200 over invoice since I do work for the owners mom...they say cost is $30593 plus $200 over invoice = $30793 plus tt&l for a grand total of$33171.90 out the door. I really like the truck but its kind of weird. Theres no subwoofer or 120 volt plug in the back. I thought it comes with the cq package? Its not anything Id need but Im curious if Im paying for it and not getting it.From my research on truecar It seems the cost should be $30250. Any thought on what to offer or is it a good deal?
Thanks all
What state are you in? Do the alloy wheels come with a spare cover?

·
Registered
38 Posts

2011 TTSE
Carpet floor+mats

Good price?
I think I know where you got that quote (I got the same one). Ended up ordering an 11 TTSE from a different dealer who matched that price. Exact same options. Hope it's a good price!

81 - 100 of 105 Posts