Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, Im new on here, hoping to not get totally roasted. I am looking at buying a used FJ. I have found a few that have been rusted out or have had tons of previous owners and not so great carfax reports. (I am in Kentucky by the way) I have found one that just went up for sale, its a 2008 with ONE original owner and all service records, my only concern i guess is that it has 170,000 miles on it. It is very clean, no rust carfax, and toyota owners app reports look great on it. What should I be looking for on this? Should I even bat at eye at the mileage? (I know they last forever)
Any comments or insight would be greatly appreciated. I hoping to get into an FJ soon and join the club.
Thanks guys

·
MOAB SUPERSTAR
5,768 Posts
Welcome! A well-maintained FJ of that mileage is a youngster :smile Find out all you can about frequency of changes for oil, transfer case, front/rear diff, coolant and you’ll have a snapshot of its health. GL!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, thats what I thought just wanted some reassurance from some people who have owned them and really know them. The dealer said someone is coming to look at it today, it hasn't even been on the lot for 24 hours. I am hoping they dont snatch it so I go up tomorrow when Im off work.

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
Don`t let the dealer scare you into buying it. They are popular now that they aren't made anymore but you can still find one if this one gets sold. You`ll get your FJ don`t worry :)

·
Registered
230 Posts
Don't let people fool you. Even though the FJ is well built, many components are near the end of their life at 170k. As long as you can afford to replace parts from time to time, I say go for it. The fact that it is 11 years old is just as important as the mileage.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Hey guys, Im new on here, hoping to not get totally roasted. I am looking at buying a used FJ. I have found a few that have been rusted out or have had tons of previous owners and not so great carfax reports. (I am in Kentucky by the way) I have found one that just went up for sale, its a 2008 with ONE original owner and all service records, my only concern i guess is that it has 170,000 miles on it. It is very clean, no rust carfax, and toyota owners app reports look great on it. What should I be looking for on this? Should I even bat at eye at the mileage? (I know they last forever)
Any comments or insight would be greatly appreciated. I hoping to get into an FJ soon and join the club.
Thanks guys
What is the price and is it completely stock?

·
Registered
879 Posts
CRFjockey they are asking 12,000$ it's bone stock, other than some Bilstein shocks.
Every market is a little different, but in the Northwest $12k for 170,000 miles is pretty spendy. Looking at Cars.com this evening.

- 2007 135K $12k
- 2008 180k $10k
- 2007 120k $13k
- 2007 120k $12.5k
- 2007 180k $10k
- 2008 109k $11k

The Bilsteins are a very popular upgrade, but they aren't expensive.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Okay, well the market here in Kentucky is much different haha, most were in the 15k range and all rusted out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts