Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I will be buying a used FJ in the next week or so in the south west Oklahoma and north Texas area. I had considered new but couldnt get quotes that were low enough. I have seen a couple of FJ's in around 40000 to 50000 miles on them, 4x4 Automatics, Conv. Pkg. I want to know how much you think I can negotiate with the dealer. Ideally I'd like to get them around $15K I can finance up to $25k. Right now both dealers are advertising at $19900 personally I think it is a little high considering the market and the mileage on these. Any thoughts would be helpful.
thanks

·
Registered
891 Posts
You should be able to buy a new one for 25K. Tax and all. Email all your local dealers and I bet you will find a deal. Tell them you are going to buy a used one for 17-18K but would be willing to spend a few K more to get new. They will play. If one dealer doesnt give you the deal, keep going to the next.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Search the threads. There are several who have purchased new FJ's out the door with tax and title for around 23 and 24k.

·
Registered
5,507 Posts
look on ebay, there are about 3 dealers that have pretty good deals on new. I think 2 are in N.C. and one is in philly. Take into account shipping, but that shouldn't be more than 5 or 6 hundred.My dad just got a new 08 mt up #2 for 24,000. thats not tax or anything, but this thing is loaded. Remember early builds had diff problems, and more inner fender problems than later builds. With 40,000 to 50,000 That warranty is gone. You can get 25,000? Go new.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I checked out the used FJ that I had previously asked about. I did find a small bulge that looks like it is about to turn into a crack. I don't if the vehicle has previously been wheeled. It is very small I can upload pics tonight. My question is, is this gonna be a big pain in the but to get fixed and is it worth it to consider this vehicle. It has 42,000 miles on it so I think the warranty coverage is out of the question at this point. The dealership does not know who to go to to have it fixed and turned up no service buletins.---Scratch that, I decided not to even bother. Went to another yota dealer, and found a good deal on a new FJ, Im sleeping on it tonight. It was a base model, 4x4, auto with Conv. Package only bummer no dash gauges and no roof rack. So Im gonna keep waiting---

·
Registered
891 Posts
I would not conider buying any used FJ right now with the deals available on a new one.

I absolutely wouldnt buy any FJ with even a hint of bulging. That would be nuts.

·
Registered
891 Posts
I would keep looking. If you take the time and negotiate well, you can buy a loaded model for a great price. No need to skimp. Take the time and deal with the internet mgrs. It can be done.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Yes, if I was buying an FJ now I wouldn't even think about an 07 or 08. The 07s are most likely to have the fender bulges or cracks. With this economy, you should take advantage of the prices. You can get a brand new 09 for like 26 or 27 out the door. Go for it. Owning a new car is fun, and getting a good deal is even better.

·
Registered
5 Posts
google in boch toyota they have very good deals , i got my 2008 silver fj with convenience and upgrade package 2 from toyota manhattan NY in december for $25,052. i would assume it would be cheaper now.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
i think the best time to buy one is at the end of the year... a few days before jan i walked into the third dealer got quotes of 31 k and 28k at the last to and told the guy i would buy it today for the right price signed the waver and he found my the perfect voodoo blue 6 speed at a port and gave it to me at the price of what the dealer put it on the lot for... or at least that's what he told me... he also told me that the dealer owned the car for 22k and i could offer what ever i thought the dealer should get in profit.. i opted to give the dealer no profit although im sure they got plenty :) i ended up getting out of there 23.3k OTD 2008 36 miles he told me he just really needed more sales on his record [this was the floor manager i talked to not some rinky dink salesmen this was the guy the salesmen go to. Also i think it had something to do with the fj being at the Port....?

·
Registered
43 Posts
I picked up a New 08 4x4 auto with a-trac and rear dif locker with the sound upgrade and park sensors and other stuff for 26,200 today. Another dealer offered me a 08 new 4x4 with diff locker no a-trac and basic speakers for 24,800. To me the 1400 difference was worth it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts