Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I am planning on purchasing my first FJ in the next 6 months. I have been looking at 2013-14, lowest millage, clean title and one owner preferred. Is there a specific year I should or should not consider? What are some common issues I should be looking into when test driving? Thank you all for your input

·
Premium Member
3,126 Posts
Welcome from Oregon :smile

It would be good to know the maintenance history..

Depending on the part of the country you're in, or the FJ comes from, rust would be something important to check on.

Good luck on the search,

·
Premium Member
839 Posts
Decide on what you want and be prepared to buy it, even if you have to fly there and drive home. If you want a recommendation, get a TTUE; it will hold its value. A available now (in Colorado):

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
3,126 Posts
Damn, who'd have a FJ and only drive it 800 miles a year? (unless they gambled and won not knowing what would be happening now :grin)

I've had months with more than that!

·
Premium Member
16,621 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Welcome to the show. :cheers:

Local dealer has one that he bought, sat in the showroom to a couple of months ago. I stopped down to see if it was still there and the sales robot told me he took it home and put it in his garage. So if he drove it there, it still has less then a 100 miles on it.

Not trying to hijack, no matter what one you end up with......It's going to be one of the happiest days of your life!

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
30,957 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
Welcome... good luck getting the FJC you want.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts