Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read the thread on the 2007 vs 2011 models, but if I am looking to purchase used in the 07-09 range, is there any differences between those 3 models years that I should be aware of? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
I have an 07 I'll sell ya for $25K US. Just kidding. Yes I'd look for the lowest mileage one you can find. That pretty much means an 09 but maybe not. There are some slight differences.

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/vehicles-sale/
Have you checked the above link ??

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
The models built after July 08 have the updated inner fender aprons.

·
Banned
1,667 Posts
The models built after July 08 have the updated inner fender aprons.
08's bulge to. They need bigger bump stops. I am 99% sure that will fix the problem but you have to install them when the car has no bulge what so ever

Air bump stops are the hot ticket!

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
08's bulge to. They need bigger bump stops. I am 99% sure that will fix the problem but you have to install them when the car has no bulge what so ever

Air bump stops are the hot ticket!
I’ve been round and round with people on this subject and I’m certainly not going to try and convince you that the redesign has fixed the issue. That said, I have written much on this subject for anyone interested. Belly Doc has written and excellent explanation regarding the failure of the inner fender apron as have others about this issue.

·
Banned
1,667 Posts
I have done the same with people but based on my experience with fender bulges I feel that stuffing the wheel into the wheel well caused mine to bulge and once the integrity of the metal was ruined the tears came.
I did mine 100% stock and know the exact impact that caused the damage.

Devils advocate:
Being that the body is mounted to the frame it tends to twist and flex so I would imagine that could cause a bulge and tear.

Either way I don't think it's a weak design now but maybe just a poor choice in material. To thin of metal!

Again I'm no engineer but I'm open minded

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yes I'd look for the lowest mileage one you can find. That pretty much means an 09 but maybe not.
My thought also, to find an '09 6 speed manual. However, after looking around for a while I've noticed that used '09's are almost nonexistent. Let alone finding one with a six speed.
What happened with the '09's ? I guess there were not that many sold (economy ?).

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Im been reading about the whole issue of the defroster/wipers freezing which concerns me a bit on the older models. Did they install a better heating/defrost system in the 2010 models?

·
Premium Member
1,631 Posts

·
Premium Member
730 Posts
Buy a 07, 0r 08...find one with low miles and already modded out...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts