Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, we started talking about doing a trip to BVORR on our last HHH thread. BigPappa was suppose to follow up? :king: So do we try to set something up on a Sunday? or Do we wait until rodeo is over (then some of us leave to OX11) or what. I don't think everybody will be spending every Sunday at the rodeo. I know 5X5 and MIGZ have "connections" up there. So who wants to go, maybe some fo the Austin/Waco crew will make it! :clap:

·
Registered
427 Posts
Go to bed Curtis! Isnt it past your bedtime? :lol: JK anyways yea I may be down for this, I'll keep an eye out. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Ok I promised Sarge that I would support a trip to BVORR. So I’m up for a trip and am asking some of my Heep friends if they would like to join us.

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
Ok, we started talking about doing a trip to BVORR on our last HHH thread. BigPappa was suppose to follow up? :king: So do we try to set something up on a Sunday? or Do we wait until rodeo is over (then some of us leave to OX11) or what. I don't think everybody will be spending every Sunday at the rodeo. I know 5X5 and MIGZ have "connections" up there. So who wants to go, maybe some fo the Austin/Waco crew will make it! :clap:
Who's this bigpAppa fellow?

I did my due diligence...I emailed MIGZ, he's the guy with the relationship with BVORR. And if we're going to do it, Sunday's don't work the best for me.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll talk to my fat fingered typist about that!:lol: So maybe a 2 day Sat/Sun?? MIGZ what you think?

·
Texican
8,570 Posts
I might be able to do a Sunday, can't do a Friday but a Saturday is always easier on me.

Sarge needs to get out there so someone try and pick a Sunday mid to late next month and I'll give Steve w/BVORR a call to check the availablity. The FJ may be sportin' some new kicks that need a trial run in the dirt too...

·
Registered
90 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
notice on the 2nd and 4th sundays of the month is when the local off-road club meets,

·
Texican
8,570 Posts
notice on the 2nd and 4th sundays of the month is when the local off-road club meets,
True, but it was really nice when we could call up Steve and ask if we could make a run up there with a few weeks notice and have the whole place to ourselves... now we'll have to go up there when everyone else does... not that it's a bad thing but BVORR does have a limited amount of acreage and anything over 20-25 rigs and your always bumping in to some other group or there is a LLLOOOOONNNNGGGG line of rigs on the same trail which equates to not as much fun.

I don't blame Steve at all for making the changes, if people can't respect the property then there is no reason to continue to have people out there... BVORR wasn't a business, more of a courtsey to others that turned into a very popluar place because it is fun and close to lots of people.

·
Registered
324 Posts
WHAT?!?!?! I was just about to post up for a BVORR trip! I have a few co-workers that were interested in maybe joining us.

I am SO disappointed. :( I wonder what people did to the park?

·
Registered
90 Posts
It is not to say that you can't plan a trip... Steve is just going to hold guest to a higher standard. He is a reasonable guy plus the BC/S TX4wd club that holds meetings there is made up of a great group of guys that like to wheel and wheel ALOT! I know because I am a member. If you can get a couple of their members to join you then you'll be golden.

I would suggest whomever set things up with Steve in the past do so again and let him know your will respect his property and make sure everyone else does too. Give it a shot...

Smaller groups are always better of course... the acreage there is alot bigger than you think.

·
Registered
204 Posts
The TX4WD chapter just had our meeting this sunday. We only had 8 rigs unfortunately :mecry: and 4 were new people to the group. I know Steve is more trusting when there are individuals of clubs and organizations he's delt with before. I'm not trying to advertise another club, but the Katy chapter of TX4WD made a run on sat and camped till Sunday.

Steve had issues of vandalism on multiple occasions and that was basis of his decision. If anyone has gone out before and has a decent relationship with him he's more likely to welcome you. He's just tired of people ruining the different things on the property.

Vehicle lights and glass broken out, vehicle mirrors busted, trash on the trails, damage to the porch on the ranch house just to name a few problems he has had.

·
Premium Member
3,257 Posts
Man, that is really a shame, & hard to believe people can behave that way. Turns my stomach, that stuff like that happened.

Thanks to a few a-holes, I & others have one less offroad park. Dammit...

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
I am confident I could get a run back out there. Key point is that we need a point of contact not 10 different people trying to call him to get on the propery.

I can be the point of contact or someone else can do it, but we have to have consistency to build the relationship and trust for us to go out and wheel the property.

Its pretty simple to see he started just working with anyone that called and they went and abused the trust he had put forward.

·
Texican
8,570 Posts
MIGZ and I have a relationship with Steve out there. I wouldn't mind calling if I'm going out but like MIGZ said there needs to be consistency in out group to help bolster out image (not that it was bad in any way). Steve might feel better if a group comes in for a day to wheel and then leaves vs. staying overnight and wheeling some more the next day. I don't know without talking to him to verify his "temperature".

Brian, would you be interested in an overnight trip? are there several others who would be as well? or are there more that would prefer hitting the gate at 9-10am, eating lunch on the trail and wheeling 'til 3-5pm?

1 - 20 of 70 Posts