Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
Yeah, I was on the wrong side of the park, apparently. I camped by the south entrance, then drove up into the park and back, and by the time I realized there was nothing there, I had to get going.
Anyway, here are some pictures from other places.

Rocky Mountain National Park

Crazy Horse Memorial

Mount Rushmore National Memorial

Badlands National Park

Devils Tower National Monument

Roosevelt National Park

·
Registered
355 Posts
@Itsnotme
I'm surprised we didn't see you along your route, we started ours on the 14th of July and ended back in CA on the 5th of Aug.
Hit a lot of the places you were heading:
Goblin Valley, UT
Moab, UT
Black Canyon of the Gunnison NP, CO
Rocky Mountain NP, CO
Wind Cave NP, SD
Custer SP, SD
Mount Rushmore NM, SD
Badlands NP, SD
Deadwood/Lead, SD
Theodore Roosevelt NP, ND (North and South)
Devils Tower NM, WY
Redwood NP, CA
Maybe we'll cross paths on the next excursion.

·
Registered
355 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
@Itsnotme
I'm surprised we didn't see you along your route, we started ours on the 14th of July and ended back in CA on the 5th of Aug.
Hit a lot of the places you were heading:
Goblin Valley, UT
Moab, UT
Black Canyon of the Gunnison NP, CO
Rocky Mountain NP, CO
Wind Cave NP, SD
Custer SP, SD
Mount Rushmore NM, SD
Badlands NP, SD
Deadwood/Lead, SD
Theodore Roosevelt NP, ND (North and South)
Devils Tower NM, WY
Redwood NP, CA
Maybe we'll cross paths on the next excursion.
Nice. Yeah, saw a lot of FJs on the way, but don't recall yours. We were supposed to be back on the 5th too, but took a detour through Grand Canyon and Zion, so just got back last night. Hope to visit Redwood NP sometime soon too.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
To summarize the trip:
19 days
5,654 miles
310 gallons of fuel
11 National Parks
4 National Monuments
1 National Memorial
1 non-National Memorial
92.34 miles walked
1030 floors elevation gain (on foot)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Dinosaur National Park was great. Need to drive Echo Park Rd and the bench road. Dropped in some 85 miles off road with return on gravel. Done spectacular passes on return.

So sorry to see the damages to your rig. I too was concerned about hsil weather (before and after traveling to the summit. I have weather radar programs and use them all the time when traveling.

Attachments

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Dinosaur National Park was great. Need to drive Echo Park Rd and the bench road. Dropped in some 85 miles off road with return on gravel. Done spectacular passes on return.

So sorry to see the damages to your rig. I too was concerned about hsil weather (before and after traveling to the summit. I have weather radar programs and use them all the time when traveling.
Yeah, I saw those roads, unfortunately didn't have time to explore. Hopefully my next trip won't be as packed, as there aren't that many parks left.
Which weather apps do you use?

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
28,832 Posts
Ouch!

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
I've been to the last 5 destinations on your list. It was a great trip. I'll never forget it. Unfortunately, it was decades ago, and I have forgotten the campgrounds we stayed at. :spineyes:

21 - 33 of 33 Posts