Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has done a relocation verses a chop? I'm now into the rubber and still rubbing in a flex so I'm looking to relocate the bracket to the next mount hole back. Has anyone found a decent pre made mount? I found one from alpinedesignsoffroad and one from Redgoat is there any other? which one has be used and favored?
Thanks for any input

·
Premium Member
1,708 Posts
I have the Redgoats and they are very well made . you will need to cut a piece of tubing and weld in were your mount bolts .

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just wondering if anyone has done a relocation verses a chop? I'm now into the rubber and still rubbing in a flex so I'm looking to relocate the bracket to the next mount hole back. Has anyone found a decent pre made mount? I found one from alpinedesignsoffroad and one from Redgoat is there any other? which one has be used and favored?
Thanks for any input
I have the Redgoats and they are very well made . you will need to cut a piece of tubing and weld in were your mount bolts .
Thanks I’ll give them call Monday

·
Premium Member
1,708 Posts
The mounts they sell are not specific for a FJ . they make them for the tacoma and 4 runner but they work on the FJ . When you get the mount it will have the main hole where the cab mount bushing goes and then 2 smaller holes ,and bolts for those ? well the Tacoma mount bolts in . I could not figure it out at first . I have a Tacoma also so i can compare things sometimes . The oe FJ body mount bushing will work fine . you just do not use those 2 smaller holes . i will take some pics

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The mounts they sell are not specific for a FJ . they make them for the tacoma and 4 runner but they work on the FJ . When you get the mount it will have the main hole where the cab mount bushing goes and then 2 smaller holes ,and bolts for those ? well the Tacoma mount bolts in . I could not figure it out at first . I have a Tacoma also so i can compare things sometimes . The oe FJ body mount bushing will work fine . you just do not use those 2 smaller holes . i will take some pics
Thanks
Do you you think it will work for the body mount hole behind the first one ( couple inch’s back ) I would really like to completely clear the corner. Maybe with a little mod?
Pics would be great
Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks
Do you you think it will work for the body mount hole behind the first one ( couple inch’s back ) I would really like to completely clear the corner. Maybe with a little mod?
Pics would be great
Thanks
Opps
When I responded I was picturing the alpine in my head. This one looks great.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts