Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
Yeap, not gonna work with side air bags. The seats lace up on the sides of the seat.
The GEAR seats that are made for jeeps might work. They have a molle storage looking set up on the back of the seat. The sides velcro to hold the cover on and it looks like you could just not velcro the part that comes over the airbag portion.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Thanks for pointing out that these covers are not air bag compatible. They will not work with our FJ's. Thanks for saving me the hassel of buying them and having to return them!
correct me if I'm wrong but not all FJ seats have airbags...right?

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
correct me if I'm wrong but not all FJ seats have airbags...right?
Not all 2007's, but i believe all 2008's (or they at least all have curtain airbags)

·
Registered
221 Posts
Not all 2007's, but i believe all 2008's (or they at least all have curtain airbags)
ok cool, phew didn't think I did (2007)...and wasn't aware of 2008s.

I might look into these covers :clap: :bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
i buy lots of hunting /fishing stuff from them there great! but as far as seat cover go wet okole for me.

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Considering that the Cabelas trail gear seat covers are out because of the side airbags, does anyone know of any other brands other then the Wet Okle covers that are airbag friendly? I have a dog so I don't think the neoprene would last too long.

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
Yeap, not gonna work with side air bags. The seats lace up on the sides of the seat.
The GEAR seats that are made for jeeps might work. They have a molle storage looking set up on the back of the seat. The sides velcro to hold the cover on and it looks like you could just not velcro the part that comes over the airbag portion.
I really like these covers, just didn't know if the Wrangler ones would work. I tend to carry lots of things, survival stuff. Compass, strobe, extra mags, etc.

Anyone running them??

·
Registered
393 Posts
Considering that the Cabelas trail gear seat covers are out because of the side airbags, does anyone know of any other brands other then the Wet Okle covers that are airbag friendly? I have a dog so I don't think the neoprene would last too long.

Here ya go: PrecisionFit.com :: Toyota Seat Covers | Toyota Custom Seat Covers | Toyota Car Seat Covers | Toyota Truck Seat Covers | Toyota Leather Seat Covers | Toyota Pickup Truck | Waterproof Neoprene | Auto Dog and Pet

I have a full set of these in the ballistic nylon fabric and I like them a lot. Very durable fabric and they are airbag compatible. As the name implies, these covers are vehicle specific and there's a variety of fabrics to choose from. I wanted something very durable and water resistant. I looked at the Wet Okole's , but the neoprene wet suit material didn't seem like it would be rugged enough for me. These are rather expensive, but worth the money IMO.

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Thanks Catt

·
Registered
137 Posts
Catt22 (or anyone else),

Do you have a pic of these from PrecisionFit already installed on the FJ. The website has pics of the stock FJ seats, and swatches of the fabric choices, but I'd like to see the covers actually installed. I'm trying to decide on going this cheaper route with covers (leather) or going for deal on the real replacement leather.

Kevin

1 - 14 of 14 Posts