Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
+1-2 MPG, about 10 HP and maybe 10-12 ft/lbs of Torque

·
Registered
535 Posts
Its like taking a deep breath through a straw. Now get rid of the straw, and open your mouth. Much better breathing right? Same thing pretty much for an engine. you will breath better and perform better.

·
Premium Member
6,528 Posts
Is cold air intake better then the stock setup?
Other then louder noise what advantages are there?
Thanks
It depends. At very high rpm, maybe yes, but not so much you'd really notice it. At lower rpms, not really. Just more noise. An engine can only take in what it needs.

DEWFPO

·
Banned
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It depends. At very high rpm, maybe yes, but not so much you'd really notice it. At lower rpms, not really. Just more noise. An engine can only take in what it needs.

DEWFPO
Sounds reasonable.
I've heard so many pros/cons about cai but I find it hard to spend that much $$ with very little gain.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I saw an increase of about 2 mpg and it sounds pretty good. I don't regret spending the money on it but other may not find it worth it.

·
Registered
98 Posts
It also depends on your tune as well. If you stay with your factory tune you'll rarely see and feel any improvement. If you tune it then you can really max what you can out of the CAI. Also with the way the 1grfe works you'll only see improvements above 2500-3000 and up RPM.

·
Registered
43 Posts
It also depends on your tune as well. If you stay with your factory tune you'll rarely see and feel any improvement. If you tune it then you can really max what you can out of the CAI. Also with the way the 1grfe works you'll only see improvements above 2500-3000 and up RPM.
What exactly do you mean by tuning it?

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
Any suggestions for which CAI to buy? AFE, K&N, Vulcan...etc?
The AFE and the TRD are nearly identical. TRD outsourced to AFE to make theirs.
These two are the best IMO in terms of design.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts