Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had a great run out at the Cougar Buttes. We had 5 or 6 vehicles. I'm very impressed with Jeremy in the FJ. He did all the sections w/o much dufficulty at all.

The Cakewalk trail was a fun trail and after finishing the last section of Bullfrog we headed over to the Hammerdown trail.

I've been wanting to run it backwards, so we gave it a try. I think the difficulty level is equal in either direction. Great trail.

It seemed we couldn't keep the wheels on the ground all day...love it.

Slideshow.Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket

A new difficult side trail

·
fka gremlin2050
1,775 Posts
OHHHH YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Hahahah wait 1 minute and I will show you what else happened!!!!

Mike, I can't thank you enough....Thank you for another incredible run!

·
fka gremlin2050
1,775 Posts
OK,
So Cakewalk wasn't exactly a 'cakewalk', but was far from impossible. I suffered minimal scars and made it through the entire trail with no issues due to great spotting by Mike and his friends. All that I mean by this is that I didn't get stuck. We did have to stack rocks in one or two areas because I was the only one in the group lacking a front locker.

Next was Hammer-down and we did this trail the reverse way. This trail was the hardest I have ever attempted! It is also and extremely short trail! I ended up winching myself out 3 times, twice due to getting high centered and once because of a lack of traction in the front (yes A-track was on). The end (really the beginning if we were going the normal route) was the toughest by far! Here is a progression of pictures from the last 30-40 feet of it...

This required a 49 point turn hahahaha

Ouch, huh?

I had one hell of an amazing time and don't look back one bit! The damage is part of the game and I accepted it very well.

Thank you Mike and Mitch for great pictures!

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Gnarly stuff! Did it happen here?

I've yet to return to Cougar Buttes. I need to, want to, but scared too :D

·
fka gremlin2050
1,775 Posts
Gnarly stuff! Did it happen here?

Nope, happened here on the rock that looks like it has a wave in the middle of it, right after I made a bajillion point turn. It was nearly impossible for me not to hit it.

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
You sure came close in the first pix.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I think this was Jeremy's first run on this set of trails, and we took all of the hardest routes in the whole area - there have been added some little side routes that have a much more difficult rating than the standard Bullfrog/ Cakewalk routes.

So an FJ has done them all, not to mention Jeremy is the first FJ to go through the "V" knotch on Cakewalk. Sorry DustPark.

Here's one of the new sections.

·
fka gremlin2050
1,775 Posts
Not all the trails there will involve this kind of damage. I made it through On The Rocks and Boulder Bash with barely hitting my sliders.

Let me know when you want to go, and I will be there (hopefully with Mike leading)!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts