Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
HI! My name is Mindy, and I just got my FJC on 3/13/11. I could not be happier! I'm going to be 21 in December, and I've never really gone off-roading...I'm hoping to change that soon. :) Sadly I don't know very much about off-roading, but I'm hoping all of you wonderful people will be willing to put up with all of my stupid questions, and help get me off the road...so to speak...lol :)

My FJC is a 4x4 black beauty...it doesn't have a roof rack, rock rails, or a tow hitch, and right now its running on street tires, but I fell completely in love as soon as I laid eyes on it. I'm not very car savvy (which is kinda sad because my dad is a mechanic...lol), but I'm looking forward to learning. :)

I've never been more excited to join a forum! :clap:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,051 Posts
Welcome aboard Mindy.

Checkout the NorCalFjs forum too and there are some (Step-Cal) members from Central Cali.
They have a scheduled Desert Run March 24-27. Step Cal Desert Run - NorCal FJs

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
Welcome to the forum. This is definitely the place to find out everything you might have wanted to know about the Toyota FJ Cruiser, but may have been afraid to ask!

·
Premium Member
16,933 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hello and welcome Mindy.

·
Premium Member
8,997 Posts
Welcome Mindy
You have an awesome FJ there.
Since you may eventually want to go 4 wheeling and may want to do some Mindymods to make it more capable, you may want to look at the window sticker, or accessory sheet, to become more familiar with what you rig came with. Some important features for wheeling are, a-trac and a rear differential locker, (or e-locker). If you don't have the info sheet, you can look at the buttons under the center console. See which ones you have. If you take a picture of that area and post it, someone would be able to help you with that.
Congrats and enjoy your new cruiser
thanks
Don

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Are you up there in the foothills? Hwy 4, 88, 108, 49, etc?
I'm up HWY 180 towards Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park :)

Welcome Mindy
You have an awesome FJ there.
Since you may eventually want to go 4 wheeling and may want to do some Mindymods to make it more capable, you may want to look at the window sticker, or accessory sheet, to become more familiar with what you rig came with. Some important features for wheeling are, a-trac and a rear differential locker, (or e-locker). If you don't have the info sheet, you can look at the buttons under the center console. See which ones you have. If you take a picture of that area and post it, someone would be able to help you with that.
Congrats and enjoy your new cruiser
thanks
Don
Thanks :) I know it has a-trac and a read diff locker, but I'll definitely be doing some hardcore looking at my fj to get more familiar with it. I'll probably post some more pics so I can get some knowledgeable insight, too.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone :) I can already tell I'm going to love it here :cheers:

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
Mindy, welcome to the gang.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Welcome and have fun with it

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
nanu nanu

What he said, check out NorCal FJs all skill levels are welcome. We will start to be active in the Sierra Nv as soon as the snow melts.

Thanks Mork :D lol (It took me a minute to realize where this was from, I kept thinking of the movie FanBoys...lol)

·
Premium Member
6,589 Posts
A belated "Howdy" after being on vacation. I know that Squaw Valley from the photos. Used to be my patrol beat ages ago.

Cheers!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts