Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
California traffic fines update.

From an email I received:
California needs money, so pay close attention to the rules of the road!
Traffic Ticket Fines (Effective 01/06/2011)

VC 12814.6 $214 Failure to obey license provisions.
VC 14600(A) $214 Failure to notify DMV of address change within10 days
VC 16028(A) $796 Failure to provide evidence of financial responsibility (insurance)
VC 21453(A) $436 Failure to stop at a red signal.
VC 22349 $214 Unsafe speed, 1 to 15 miles over the limit.
VC 22350 $328 Unsafe speed, 16 to 25 miles over the limit.
VC 22450 $214 Failure to stop at a stop sign.
VC 22454(A) $616 Passing a school bus with flashing red signals.
VC 23123(A) $148 Driving while using a wireless phone not handsfree, first offense .
VC 23123(B) $256 Driving while using a wireless phone not handsfree, each subsequent offense.
VC 23123.5 $148 Driving while using a wireless device to send,read or write text.
VC 23124 $148 Minor driving while using a wireless phone.
VC 22500 $976 Parking in a bus loading area.
VC 22507(A) $976 Violation of disabled parking provisions, first offense.
VC 26708 $178 Unlawful material on vehicle windows.
VC 27150 $178 Adequate muffler required.
VC 27315 $148 Mandatory use of seat belts.
VC 27360 $436 Mandatory use of passenger child restraints.
VC 27400 $178 Headsets or Earplugs covering both ears.
VC 27803 $178 Violation of motorcycle safety helmet requirements.
VC 4000 $256 No evidence of current registration.
VC 4159 $178 Notify DMV of change of address within 10days.
VC 5200 $178 Proper display of license plates.

·
Premium Member
16,781 Posts
I do like the parking in a handicap fine, $976 for first offense.

It's only a $300 dollar ticket here. I call the cops on people all the time for this, really makes me mad when people do this.

·
Banned
1,667 Posts
I do like the parking in a handicap fine, $976 for first offense.

It's only a $300 dollar ticket here. I call the cops on people all the time for this, really makes me mad when people do this.
Go figure you would call the cops.
I like the fat azz people that have handicap permits and have no problem walking, talking or eating! They should park way in the back of lot and excersize so the can become normal!

·
Premium Member
16,781 Posts
Go figure you would call the cops.
I like the fat azz people that have handicap permits and have no problem walking, talking or eating! They should park way in the back of lot and excersize so the can become normal!
So i should not call the cops on people who are breaking the law and being inconsiderate of those who are less fortunate than others?

Starting to learn a lot about your personality there DOfj. :lol:

·
Premium Member
16,781 Posts
Anyone else notice this???

"VC 14600(A) $214 Failure to notify DMV of address change within10 days

VC 4159 $178 Notify DMV of change of address within 10days."

So if you notify them within 10 days, 178 dollar ticket. If after ten days, 214 dollar ticket. Hmm, sounds like either way you are screwed.

Also, this...

"VC 23123(A) $148 Driving while using a wireless phone not handsfree, first offense .

VC 23124 $148 Minor driving while using a wireless phone."

·
Banned
1,667 Posts
So i should not call the cops on people who are breaking the law and being inconsiderate of those who are less fortunate than others?

Starting to learn a lot about your personality there DOfj. :lol:
Not less considerate of other just saying that some people take advantage of disabilities.
My buddy got sued for not having handicap access AT A FREAKEN SKATE PARK!
If you can skate you are not that bad off!

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The school bus one is hefty too.
Insurance is almost $800! I wish they enforce this one more regularly too.
I'm not sure about license plate tickets. I think the fine is levied if you can't fix it within the time allowed.

·
Premium Member
2,100 Posts
California has a terrible handicapped law. A large number are not even slightly handicapped.

I was at Home Depot in Redlands a few weeks ago. They have roughly 20 Handicap spots in one spot. As I was pulling, a Guy with a F350 dually, lifted at least 6 inches towing a trailer with 10 quads on it. He pulled in sideways and took all the spots, then jumped out of the truck, immediately hopped back in and put his handicapped tag on the mirror, then jumped back out and ran into the store. This crap goes on continously out here.

I had a heart attack three years ago, I ride my bicycle 40 miles a day 5-6 days a week, I qualify for handicapped tag. They are jokes, my guess is 90% of them are bogus. It sucks because the people that really need them have to park and walk in because the fat ass lazy ass gets a handicapped tag. Abusers mostly I think. It is a hot subject here.

·
Banned
1,667 Posts
California has a terrible handicapped law. A large number are not even slightly handicapped.

I was at Home Depot in Redlands a few weeks ago. They have roughly 20 Handicap spots in one spot. As I was pulling, a Guy with a F350 dually, lifted at least 6 inches towing a trailer with 10 quads on it. He pulled in sideways and took all the spots, then jumped out of the truck, immediately hopped back in and put his handicapped tag on the mirror, then jumped back out and ran into the store. This crap goes on continously out here.

I had a heart attack three years ago, I ride my bicycle 40 miles a day 5-6 days a week, I qualify for handicapped tag. They are jokes, my guess is 90% of them are bogus. It sucks because the people that really need them have to park and walk in because the fat ass lazy ass gets a handicapped tag. Abusers mostly I think. It is a hot subject here.
My point exactly. Most users are abusers and I would imagine they are on disability also.. Lazy a$$ people

·
Premium Member
16,781 Posts

·
Banned
1,667 Posts
Requirements in CA.

Disabled Person Parking Placard or Plates FFVR 7

How does one go about falsely getting one?
They have a temporary placard that some people have.. Money gets what you want OR faking an injury at the local doctors office.. It's really pretty simple.
Having and elderly person get one for you because they NEED a driver then the card get misused

·
Premium Member
16,781 Posts
They have a temporary placard that some people have.. Money gets what you want OR faking an injury at the local doctors office.. It's really pretty simple.
Having and elderly person get one for you because they NEED a driver then the card get misused
Ah, that makes more sense.

·
Premium Member
9,003 Posts
Not less considerate of other just saying that some people take advantage of disabilities.
So what if a handicapped member of the family wanted to come and watch their family skate? How about if a handicapped person not related wanted to enjoy some time watching others skate ? Are they not allowed to be there?

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
1) Disabilities are not always obvious.
2) Going to a skate park does not mean your skating, maybe they have children or grandchildren.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts