Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I thought the call was great yesterday....it brought together everyones' ideas and thoughts and made it all make a lot more sense and a lot less duplicates.

Here are some things to review from the call, and who is taking care of what. Let me know your feedback/thoughts/additions...

I. Insurance -
- Options are TLCA or outside vendor. We need to explore costs/implications of each. Phil, I believe you're checking into insurance. Can you also check into outside vendors and what the cost would be to get our own insurance for the event? I emailed a few companies this morning...haven't heard back from them yet.

II. Sponsorship -
- I'll be sending out a letter for you all to review that will go out in mass to all potential vendors, including levels and what we'd like them to contribute (goods, money, etc)

III. Cost analysis -

- We really need to do our best to figure out approximate cost for this event. Insurance will be a big piece of this, so that info will come when insurance has a bit more info added.

- Fee will be contingent upon cost. (50 w/ 15 per additional head?)

IV. Registration -

- On hold until fee is figured out. Goal is March 1, 2007

- Pre-registration will be put up this week for "info" email to be sent out. Seth will be putting this together and setting it up. Goal - Thursday Feb 1 AM.

V. Design Contest for T-Shirts and Stickers (and hats?)

- a 1-color sticker or maybe 2 at most

- Seth is also putting this post up to draw interest for the event and to keep members involved. We'll take a look at the submissions by X date and decide what 3 are best, and let the people decide. Goal to add contest by - Wedneday, January 31st AM

VI. Legal Waiver -

- Can we have Steve look over the one we have to be sure that we are covered?

VII. Press Release

- Tim can you put together a press release for flyers and ads that we can use? A universal design that could be used in multiple applications would be great. A common theme would be awesome for the Summit material.

VIII. Extra Profits
- Spread out (TLCA? Mountain Rescue?)

Miscellaneous Contacts -

I'll be calling Judy in Ouray again today to arrange a central meeting location, and will speak to Brady Clarke to set all of the Trail Team expectations (as far as we know at the moment).

What'd I miss? :)

·
Premium Member
8,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Did I get this incorrect? I saw that Tim, you said you were working on the T-shirt section? I said Seth above....was that a screw up? That's what we originally said?

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
I'll put up the t-shirt contest post on Friday. Say 2 weeks duration, grand prize.... a free t-shirt!

·
Premium Member
8,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
perfect! so pre-reg and t-shirt contest on Friday...good stuff

·
Premium Member
8,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
update:

Judy from Ouray says the two options are Best Western and the park for evening meeting/congregation. She said the park gets very busy though, so Best Western is our best bet. I'll call them today and firm everything up. She said she talked to them a week ago and they didn't even know of our event...does that sound accurate?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts