Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
The Laughing Member
2007 FJ Cruiser, 2021 4Runner, 2002 Lexus SC420
9,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MuddyGrrl (Maureen) asked me to get things happening with the logistical end of our Wednesday night Summit '08 Jam Session. :clap: :clap:

(For some more information on what we've got planned, check out Maureen's thread: http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/foru...cussion/44674-summit-music-suggestions-q.html)

Since this much-awaited Jam Session is open to ANY and ALL attending members (and their family members as well), I'd like to get a headcount of who will be showing up with instrument (and mediocre talent) in hand. :D :D

Also, we're in need of a decent PA system for the Jam Session. But, rather than have one person haul an entire sound system rig to Ouray, some of us could each bring along various components of a PA.

(One of us could bring along a powered mixer, several different folks could bring along one PA speaker each, someone could bring a batch of cables, someone could bring a couple of microphones and/or stands, etc.)

In addition to a tentative song list of a variety of tunes that we're going to attempt to struggle our way through :worried:, like any other "anything-goes" jam session, there will be a number of impromptu songs that will likely pop up out of nowhere. :shock: (Anyway, I'll forward you the song list when you drop me a PM.)

Please PM me as soon as possible with your plans to sit it . . . . along with letting me know what instrument you'll be bringing along to play (guitar, kazoo, electronic drums, bass, bongos, harmonica, tuba, keyboard, etc.), and what piece of a sound system that you might have to lend to the cause.

So, come one, come all . . . . to the first annual FJ Summit Jam Session!! :bouncy: :bouncy:

We may not end up sounding all that great :huh: :ack: . . . .
. . . . but we're sure gonna have fun trying!! :cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Steve-PM'd you yesterday, but received no response, so, not sure if I did it right.. My husband owns an A/V company in Oklahoma & does concert production. We wouldn't have alot of room in the FJ due to 2 kids & a dog coming along. However, we would be willing to donate a whole set up if there are some ideas on how to get it there.

·
Premium Member
7,063 Posts
Okiefjgirl: Got your note! :) Thanks and I sent it off to Steve again. He's got the expertise link on this music stuff so I'm handing the technical reigns to him.

I'll be there with geetar in hand and a willing spirit!

M

·
The Laughing Member
2007 FJ Cruiser, 2021 4Runner, 2002 Lexus SC420
9,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Steve-PM'd you yesterday, but received no response, so, not sure if I did it right.. My husband owns an A/V company in Oklahoma & does concert production. We wouldn't have alot of room in the FJ due to 2 kids & a dog coming along. However, we would be willing to donate a whole set up if there are some ideas on how to get it there.
okiefjgirl, got your PM and sent you off an email!! :) :)

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I believe Trailbus (Jake) will want in on this one. I get him over here to post. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Jake, are you a musician?? We need you!! :clap: :clap:
Yeah my new album is not appropriate for this event:rofl: :rofl: no one likes rap anywho:D if jamming is going on I'll probably hop on the mic and bust out some freestyles though:rocker:

·
Registered
2,172 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,063 Posts
Keith and Steve....and YOU!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts