Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting my OME lift installed next Tuesday at Stevenson West (I chickened out doing it myself....boo).

I'd like to head out sometime next week or the weekend with some "experienced" drivers. My name's Jeff, and I've only been on moderate trails a handful of times with my FJ. (...Hi Jeff...)

My family is out of town next week, so I can go just about anytime, day or night.

Let me know if anyone is interested.

Hope to hear from someone.

I'm in Golden, right of Hwy. 93, not too far from Hwy. 6.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Hey Guys,

Sounds like fun. I would like to Join sometime soon, not sure if I can do this week.

Planning and packing for Rubithon..Just installed my All Pro Skid plates, Broke a bolt..bummed. Now have to go back to a shop and have them bore it out.

Not sure if any of you have installed any skid plates but the factory bolts seem really soft, I suggest using stronger bolts. You are going to want to snug the bolts pretty tight as the skid plates are a lot heavier then the manufactured supplied skids.

My two cents..

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Can someone with mad forum skills combine this thread and the Boulder Co thread and see if we can all get it together for next weekend?

Sounds like some interest in combining with a skid plate test run somewhere?

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Oh hell! RockyMtnHigh could put that lift on for you in his driveway! :D

Yes on the combination run if it works for Shane.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Oh hell! RockyMtnHigh could put that lift on for you in his driveway! :D
No kidding, save yourself the coin and bring it by, if our run happens on Sunday we could throw it on Saturday.
It's up to you, we just got to find some compressors which Checker down the street has I think for rental. Which one did you buy? (884, 885 or 886) Let me know.

Actually probably even better these are the ones we used on mine. $10 is probably cheaper than renting them. They have these too for $24. Like I said we used the $10 set on mine, which were someone else's who got a few lifts done with them, I think Eric's 886s were done using them.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bummer. Wish I had checked with you guys first. I had to pre-pay Stevinson to order the OME kit. I really wanted to get my hands dirty, but I have a hard enough time framing a wall perfectly square, wasn't sure if I was up to doing the lift myself.

I am in Golden, about a stone's throw from Slee's.

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
Hey Guys,

Sounds like fun. I would like to Join sometime soon, not sure if I can do this week.

Planning and packing for Rubithon..Just installed my All Pro Skid plates, Broke a bolt..bummed. Now have to go back to a shop and have them bore it out.

Not sure if any of you have installed any skid plates but the factory bolts seem really soft, I suggest using stronger bolts. You are going to want to snug the bolts pretty tight as the skid plates are a lot heavier then the manufactured supplied skids.

My two cents..
I'm surprised Allpro didn't send you new bolts...that's a drag.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Install is $400, same at Stevinson or Slee. Lucky for me I secrete money, so no big deal. Actually, I put it on a credit card that my wife never sees....nothing like a little honesty in a marriage, right?

·
Registered
876 Posts
Tony wants to do some wrenching too. ;)
What heck is he putting on now?

Install is $400, same at Stevinson or Slee. Lucky for me I secrete money, so no big deal. Actually, I put it on a credit card that my wife never sees....nothing like a little honesty in a marriage, right?
400 for the install and lift, not too bad or is it just 400 bones for the install?

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Not installing anything, to my knowledge. Would like to get the last skid done, but hasn't.

·
Catalyst
9,205 Posts
Hey Guys,

My two cents..
I haven't read the entire thread yet, but...

Hey, Chris, have you checked out the Sandstorm family thread yet? :cheers:

Welcome to the forum, and see you on Sunday if you end up going on the Miller Rock trail run.

steven

1 - 17 of 17 Posts