Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Calling on the Electrical gurus...I want to do a Aux Light addition and have 4 HELLA 500's (55w), the Light Bar, the Toyota Aux Light Switch, Harness and Relay, however, in searching the threads for install guidance, I couldn't find a similar situation with wiring instructions. I'm trying to use the Toyota wiring as much as possible. Also also noticed in a post that their is a wire harness connector in the a-pillar.

Not sure how to wire and not sure if I need to use more than one relay, etc.

Help is GREATLY appreciated in advance!!

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I think between these two things, you should be good. Ask any specific questions you have here and I'm sure we can all help you.

http://trdsource.com/Pictures/pt278-35071.pdf

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/fj-cruiser-technical-articles/44755-roof-rack-oem-lighting-wiring-installation-w-pics.html

In answer to your question about more than one relay -- I'd say yes. I'd wire two up with one and two with another, that way if one of the relays takes a dive, you still have two lights lit up on the other relay.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, so if I go with the two relays, then I'm guessing I'll need to go with the bus bar and wire everything manually? I was trying to avoid this since I don't have much time to leave the FJ in my state of limbo while I figure out how to wire it up. Do you know if Toyota sells the hardware bags that they call out for in the AirDam/Light Bar install instructions?

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Thanks, so if I go with the two relays, then I'm guessing I'll need to go with the bus bar and wire everything manually? I was trying to avoid this since I don't have much time to leave the FJ in my state of limbo while I figure out how to wire it up. Do you know if Toyota sells the hardware bags that they call out for in the AirDam/Light Bar install instructions?
In answer to your question -- no, you technically don't have to wire everything up using a bus bar, but it would be a good idea. As far as I can see, the stock setup is only for the dual lights and not quad. Since you're doing the four, you're going to need to do something custom anyway.

I have no idea about the hardware bags, sorry.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts