Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,087 Posts
Cool! Always great to meet new friends to wheel with. You guys have a Facebook group or somewhere to post trail rides?

We're on mud but please stop by and say hello! We are a PA chapter of the TLCA and always have a neat variety of yotas to wheel with. Next run is May 13th at AOAA. I'd like to catch up and wheel with you sometime. I have a LT rear and Discos in the front, we would have a blast. Keystone guys always run challenging trails but are a very safe, knowledgeable group and lots of fun.

www.keystone-cruisers.com

·
MOAB SUPERSTAR
6,135 Posts
We're on mud but please stop by and say hello! We are a PA chapter of the TLCA and always have a neat variety of yotas to wheel with. Next run is May 13th at AOAA. I'd like to catch up and wheel with you sometime. I have a LT rear and Discos in the front, we would have a blast. Keystone guys always run challenging trails but are a very safe, knowledgeable group and lots of fun.

Wish I could make the May run...for sure in June!! @HeisKai - this is an awesome group of folks :rocker:

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Here's a close up shot. Very maintenance heavy setup... and yes! It was a great run!
Sweeeeet!! Wish I could've made it - and see your rig in person... Yes, curious about the RCVs as well - did they come with the Camburg kit or did you figure out fitment on your own? I'm still waiting for RCV to release their FJ specific CVs....and truthfully on the fence about getting them (more likely to break a diff, etc). Super interested in your feedback
I bought my setup from the famous FJNewb here on blue room. So he's got the RCV all setup. He and his shop spent tons of time dealing that in. Very glad I got it from him. That was something money can't buy.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
My passenger side inner joint is binding relatively early. It only binds at 1 spot and in reverse. Maybe the shaft length is not setup correctly but I have yet to find out. Do you know what was wrong on those RCV for +2" LT?
The shaft length was not right or the c clip would pull off to easily and the CV would fall out.

There is a thread on here I just read yesterday where the 3 people who had them basically went back to stock CV joints and +2 extended shafts.

RCV could have made some improvememts since then I don't know. Seems lile they couldn't quite get the formula right.

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/transmissions-transfer-cases-traction-aids/150849-rcv-performance-ultimate-cv-axles.html
That's a very informative thread. I'm gonna spent more time read it carefully. Thanks!

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Cool! Always great to meet new friends to wheel with. You guys have a Facebook group or somewhere to post trail rides?

Great! I really look forward meeting and wheeling with you guys. I don't think I can make it to the may 13 run but I'll be in touch. :)

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
21 - 33 of 33 Posts