Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
827 Posts
I have I used one that had four folding legs. Surface area was 18" x 24". My brother has it now. I used a canvas A3 bag to carry it in, gets tons of soot on it.

·
Registered
878 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,597 Posts
I don't think that sparetire one will work with our cars. I think the center hub sticks to far out.

However, I can get to an academy pretty easily before tomorrows camping trip. May go get that little grill.

·
Registered
878 Posts
May go get that little grill.
Walmart will aslo have them, depending on which store you go to.
Its about 20" X 16", pretty large... It folds down to 1" thick, and can bungee on your roof rack, lay flat on your cargo mat, you name it.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its about 20" X 16", pretty large... It folds down to 1" thick, and can bungee on your roof rack, lay flat on your cargo mat, you name it.
Have you experienced any quality problems with the metal flaking off at all?

·
Registered
878 Posts
Have you experienced any quality problems with the metal flaking off at all?
Yeah, of course (for lack of better answers..)
I always heat and scrap it, so its no different than other grills to me...
Its starting to rust, but, once again, good to go.

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
A little more expensive but one of the best grills I've seen

Amazon.com : COBB PREMIER with Bag & Roast Rack : Patio, Lawn & Garden

Big +1 on the Cobb...we love ours! With just a few charcoal briquets you can cook a meal.

I also recommend the collapsable Snow Peak " Fireplace" with the grill bridge and grill if you want an enclosed fire pit that can also cook yer steaks. A buddy of mine turned me on to them. Absolutely top shelf equipment!

WARNING though: They can get kinda pricey....especially when you start adding the extra gizmos to them!! :surprise

But then again that shouldn't phase a FJ owner who likes to mod!

Cooking, Grilling and Accessories from Snow Peak ? Page 2

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
For cooking over a campfire, easily adjustable height is essential, IMHO. That's why I like tripods with grates. The grate I have came from this set:

http://www.amazon.com/117-Tri-Pod-Diameter-Chrome-Plated/dp/B001ASBUVY/

It has a nice lip on the edge that helps prevent sacrifices to the fire god. I quickly found out, however, that the tripod it comes with sucks badly, so I got this one instead for just the tripod:

Amazon.com : Texsport Tripod Grill : Campfire Cookware : Sports & Outdoors

It has a nice adjustment system and is plenty sturdy for anything you could put on the grate, and a kettle for water, but I would not hang a dutch oven on it. If that's a possibility for you, they make non-collapsible tripods for those that you could use for the grate, too.

I also picked up a 22-inch cymbal bag to tote it around. I stick the grate in a garbage back first because that thing gets nasty.

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
30,095 Posts

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
30,095 Posts
Nonsense. That won't fit! not even on a Warrior rack.. hahahaha
I was thinking of one of them there Expo dee shun trailers with the built in pull out keetchen............ >:D

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts