Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know a good CampGround for group of 4-5 people for about 1 night 2 days or 2 nights 3 days in BIG BEAR, CA????
We are looking for somewhere in the woods~~ next to the water~~
and some natural scenary without some tall buildings or houses or just plain grounds near by... - -;
We need somewhere we can get lost, breathe fresh air and have fun!!!
(maybe little trailing with my FJ~)
if you know any good camp sites, I'd really appreciate it if you would tell me some~!!

Thanks much in advance!! :cheers:

·
Registered
1,301 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
anyone know a good CampGround for group of 4-5 people for about 1 night 2 days or 2 nights 3 days in BIG BEAR, CA????
We are looking for somewhere in the woods~~ next to the water~~
and some natural scenary without some tall buildings or houses or just plain grounds near by... - -;
We need somewhere we can get lost, breathe fresh air and have fun!!!
(maybe little trailing with my FJ~)
if you know any good camp sites, I'd really appreciate it if you would tell me some~!!

Thanks much in advance!! :cheers:
If you want to be in the woods, stop by the Discovery Center and ask about the Yellow Post sites. Very scenic, but no water, toilets, showers...oh and the best part is that they are free!

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
I used to camp at a site called south fork, south of Big bear off hyw 18. Very secluded, vault toliets and a few water spigots.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
THanks guys~
I guess we will be needing the toilets at least.. lol~
Serrano Campground is very close to Big Bear Lake, the Adventure Center and many good trails. It's on the list in the forest service link I posted earlier.

Holcomb Valley Road is just down the road and is a scenic easy dirt road in the summer.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I was there this past Friday to Sunday. I did not have reservations but was able to get a spot at Barton Flats and was very happy there. I also scoped out a couple other places and Barton Flats & San Gorgonio campgrounds have not only the natural side of the mountain going for it. They are on the other side of Big Bear. About 20-30 mins past the lake heading towards seven oaks. One nice option was both campgrounds had showers.

One thing though I'm already looking at going up again in one or two weeks but the sites are already booking up. Check recreation.gov for reservations.

If you'd like something closer to the lake try Serrano (near the discovery center) or Pine Knot. Which is literally next to the ski resort but still a decent forest setting.

I also went down some of the roads while we were there.

Lastly if you have little ones there is a Forest Festival at the Barton Flats Visitor Center on 8/16. The ranger said they will have search and rescue demostrations, stuff for the kids to do, etc. I might be back for that.

PM me if you'd like some more info.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts