Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
That's funny... I was actually looking at these online last night. Considering one and the price seems good for what yah get.

·
Registered
264 Posts
That could be right up my alley. Now that i've traded in the tundra, I will have to keep weight in mind much more often.

·
fka BLACK HAWK
2,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
not to bad at all! :rocker:

·
Registered
166 Posts
These look very interesting. Im going to take a closer look. Nice and light.

·
Premium Member
3,257 Posts
Light is all well & fine, but wish it were a little more streamlined (I can imagine what it would be like in crosswinds).

Going to check out the site, though. Want more specs...

Edit: Torsion-bar suspension? Sure hope that doesn't break on the road. It would seem that leaf springs would be easier to replace and/or find, but I could be wrong. For those of you with trailers, do you have brake-assist systems? Would it be needed for this type of trailer?

·
Premium Member
2,125 Posts
Light is all well & fine, but wish it were a little more streamlined (I can imagine what it would be like in crosswinds).

Going to check out the site, though. Want more specs...
Ditto on that.. Looks cool but with the size and top heavy, double axle set up.. it might be light to tow but on trail.. I wonder how it handles and in wind on the road with large surface area and light wieght... Not sure I would decide on it or not
Just my 2 cents and at to days exchange... thats not worth much:lol:

·
Premium Member
3,257 Posts
I just got through looking at their site. Pretty nifty little trailer, for the money. I'd probably skip the 11 and go with the 13 (with toilet and shower).

If I was just looking for a simple trailer to haul around the country I'd consider looking at it more seriously. Certainly can't beat the price, that's for sure...

·
Premium Member
2,125 Posts
Think I will keep going the Out of the FJ route.. that way if I see a trail I just turn left or right and dont have to worry about a trailer... considering building a custon box trailer with Offroad tires and set up with a RTT mounted on top..

·
Premium Member
3,257 Posts
Think I will keep going the Out of the FJ route.. that way if I see a trail I just turn left or right and dont have to worry about a trailer... considering building a custon box trailer with Offroad tires and set up with a RTT mounted on top..
Oh, this is definitely not a trailworthy trailer, might be fine on mine or engineering trails, but with bigger & better tires.

It would be great for over-the-road trips, though. Like, if you were taking a cross-country site-seeing trip.

The more I look at it the more it kinda grows on me...

·
Registered
419 Posts
By the way they also make the new jeep trailer.
Maybe a deal could be made for Toyota setup.

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
By the way they also make the new jeep trailer.
Maybe a deal could be made for Toyota setup.
But at 10K and 12K? That is a little pricey for me concidering what you get. You could build a offroad trailer with all of those options and a RTT for a quarter or less of that price. Something tells me you are paying for JEEP to be printed on the side.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Intersting product for sure! the 13' with the bathroom and the extra bed folding on the side!

I will look for sure at the next RV show here in Montreal. Just put bigger 35" tire and the job is done!

·
Registered
150 Posts
You might want to look at the R-Pod trailer as well. I am considering one of these. Use a pop up right now. The R-Pod is tear drop shaped and light weight. Looks like it would pull good.

Sorry don't have details right now. Its easy to find online.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts