Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I've been trying to install my cb radio and already have the bandi mount with the wire coming into the trunk. The part I'm stuck on is getting the headliner down to glue a piece. I've taken off the rear view mirror and the forward facing sunvisors already. The other part I need help with is running the wire from the trunk to the cb. Any help would be awsome. Thanks

·
Registered
70 Posts
I ran my antenna cable from the Bandi mount in with the wires from the back door and then used a fish tape to pull it from the storage compartment over the wheel well and then ran it with the wires under driver door up under the dash.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You can see in the first pic I have the wire going from the bandi mount into the storage compartment, I'd like to keep it internal instead of going under the car if its possible
trunk.jpg
In the second pic all I have taken off it the front shades/mounts and the rearview mirror. I'm trying to place the cb in front of the rear view mirror and need to access above the headliner to place a piece of wood to drill the mount into.
headliner.jpg

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
I ran mine through the jack compartment, down and underneath. Came back up by the e-brake lever

·
Premium Member
1,624 Posts
You can see in the first pic I have the wire going from the bandi mount into the storage compartment, I'd like to keep it internal instead of going under the car if its possible
View attachment 41764
In the second pic all I have taken off it the front shades/mounts and the rearview mirror. I'm trying to place the cb in front of the rear view mirror and need to access above the headliner to place a piece of wood to drill the mount into.
View attachment 41763
running the wiring along the left side is no problem the panels pop up and take a few minutes.

as for pulling the headliner down I'm not familiar with it this thread might help out though http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/foru...headliner-removal-dynamat-install-w-pics.html

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks that helped with the headliner, the only thing I dont know how to remove is the a pillar, nvm found a thread for pillar

·
Catalyst
9,205 Posts
I ran mine through the jack compartment, down and underneath. Came back up by the e-brake lever
Same here....through the wire hole in the door jam (have to cut the plastic flex tube to get the antenna cable into it...then through the jack/wheelwell compartment....then under driver side floor panels like others said.

If you can't get it or need help with SWR meter or whatever, let me know.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Same here....through the wire hole in the door jam (have to cut the plastic flex tube to get the antenna cable into it...then through the jack/wheelwell compartment....then under driver side floor panels like others said.

If you can't get it or need help with SWR meter or whatever, let me know.
Ok thanks, I got the wire run through the wheel well through the door trim and up the a pillar, in the door trim they have clips to hold a wire that works perfect for holding it down. I just have to glue the wood up this weekend and then can set the swr

·
Catalyst
9,205 Posts
Ok thanks, I got the wire run through the wheel well through the door trim and up the a pillar, in the door trim they have clips to hold a wire that works perfect for holding it down. I just have to glue the wood up this weekend and then can set the swr
OK, cool.
I forget...do you have an SWR meter?

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OK, cool.
I forget...do you have an SWR meter?
I don't personally but I have a family friend thats a trucker :lol: so im hoping he has one for his cb

·
Catalyst
9,205 Posts
I don't personally but I have a family friend thats a trucker :lol: so im hoping he has one for his cb
OK, good.
If it turns out that you need help in that department, let me know.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OK, good.
If it turns out that you need help in that department, let me know.
Ok thanks, i thing i might need to buy a new antenna though, got so excited when i got the bandi mount on that i drove around with my firestik on and forgot about it when i pulled in the garage.

·
Catalyst
9,205 Posts
Ok thanks, i thing i might need to buy a new antenna though, got so excited when i got the bandi mount on that i drove around with my firestik on and forgot about it when i pulled in the garage.
So, is it broken?

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So, is it broken?
The wire isnt i think, but the fiberglass might be. If i squeeze in the middle of the antenna with two fingers i can hear a slight crackling

·
Catalyst
9,205 Posts
The wire isnt i think, but the fiberglass might be. If i squeeze in the middle of the antenna with two fingers i can hear a slight crackling
As long as the wire is not broken/cut/badly kinked, and if the antenna still keeps its shape under normal circumstances (i.e. either just riding along in the wind, or hitting a tree branch every once in a while), I think it should be fine.

Probably no need to replace it, but if you do, since it's probably still good, just keep it on-hand as a spare.

·
Premium Member
5,180 Posts
I forgot about mine right after I installed it and drove into the garage with it too. It also took a good beating on branches last Saturday and Sunday (went back and did the same trail with my dad in his JK the next day) and is working great, so hopefully yours is still good. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts