Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to air tools but would like to buy a small compressor for around the house and to use to power tools for my mods. Tools like an air ratchet, impact wrench and the like. I'd like to keep it as small as possible and inexpensive so I can continue mods on the FJ. Any ideas?:thinkerg:

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
I'm pretty sure either lowe's or Home Depot have some cheap compressors for about $100.:bigthumb:

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Your going to want at least a 1 H.P. with a 10 gallon tank. An oil type will outlast an oiless, and are generally quieter.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
go to home depot and look at the rigid 1hp twin stack its 7 scfm and is good enough to run impacts ratchets and even some small paint sprayers and its about $150

·
Registered
4,723 Posts
If you've got a Northern Tool & Equipment store in close proximity they have the most extensive collection of air compressors I've ever seen. Pretty much something for everyone. If not, HERE'S the link to their on-line air compressor page.

Jim

·
Premium Member
8,988 Posts
I think Lowes or Home Depot is you best bet in most places. Northern, Tractor Supply, and Menards also are good. It's hard to go wrong with small compressors and they should suffice as long as you don't require constant duty (i.e. you may need to wait for the compressor to catch up and you need to let it cool a bit).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts