Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just wondering if the factory radio that comes stock with the Trail Teams FJ cruiser can be converted to Sirius. I really don't like XM as much and want to get all the football games.

Thanks in advance!
zero

·
Registered
111 Posts
Do you already have XM? If not just go with the portable Sirius unit. Seems like a lot of people have better sound quality by plugging it into the Aux port.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Right now Sirius and XM are the same company....hence the Sirius/XM name.

I am in the process of finalizing an order for a 2011 FJ. One of my minor concerns was the transition from Sirius to XM. There are more than a couple of Sirius stations that I enjoy and like the OP, I really didn't want to lose them. While waiting for the auto dealer to appraise my trade in, I grabbed an XM brochure and programming line up card. Now I might be wrong, but the programming seemed identical. The channels were different, but the content was the same. At least the channels I enjoy were on both XM and Sirius.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cant you get all the football games by subscribing to Best of Sirius on your XM radio?
Content of both channels is pretty similar but I know and like the DJs from the channels I listen to and they are still separate. The deal breaker to me though is that Best of Sirius only has the NFL Channel (124) not the full lineup of games broadcast live. The NFL channel is worthless since they only broadcast highlights and commentary.

I am thinking of just hooking up my Sirius receiver to the aux port though and giving XM a chance at least for the first 90 day free trial. Since NFL is likely to be locked out next year and I mostly just listen to Sirius for Howard, I am guessing it won't be that big a deal at least for a while.

zero

1 - 7 of 7 Posts