Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Do what I did and modify your garage to allow you to pull in - I went from a 7' tall to an 8' tall, now I can modify the hell out of the FJ
Get'er done!
Sawz-all solves all:cheers:

·
Premium Member
1,715 Posts
I think if you want to lower it you should just buy the FJ from power wheels. It's a win for you. It's short enough for your garage, it's electric, so gas is not a problem, and and when it breaks on the trail you can just pick it up and walk it down the trail. Lol

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
4,619 Posts
I think leaving it in the driveway to actually get rained and snowed on while adding a lift and modding the sh*t out of it, is the most sensible solution to your dilemma.:slant:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Lol @ mike and the power wheels. On the brigh side, although my fj fits in the garage I never park it in there...partially because there's a 94 mint mustang 5.0 sitting there lol

·
Registered
771 Posts
Lowering an FJ is sacrilege! X2 for modifying your carhold, Im going to have to do the same thing once I get my lift in. The garage itslef can be set to open to a higher position, and you can probably remove some wood from the framing of the garage. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
4,691 Posts
Lower your foundation, that is what I'm going to have to do !!! :lol:

·
Registered
192 Posts
This was probably the most entertaining thread I have read in a while!! :rofl:

:simmadown: I have the same poblem with a sloped driveway and a low door. After I lifted and got bigger tires the FJ is higher than the door at the doorsil. However, the slope of the driveway runs right up to the doorsil so i come in underneath it and as the back wheels go over the hump it literally lift the roofrack through with less than a quarter inch to spare.:cheers::clap::clap::cheers:

On top of this I have to crawl in there because if I have to go faster it will bounce and will touch. Now if I stand in the garage and look exactly from a level perspective the roofrack is higher than the top of the door. I was pretty much planning on stripping wood of the doorframe to make it fit. BUt offcoarse I had to try first and lucked out:blueblob:

So at least just try and have someone watch before you castrate the FJ

·
Registered
90 Posts
Or you could get a 2wd FJ...they are lower from the factory. But then again, I never understood why one would buy a FJ Cruiser and opt for the 2wd model....

Anyways, looks like all the responses here scared you off the forum....I'm sure that wasn't the intent of most here :) Hopefully you will find a nice FJ out there and use this forum to find lots of useful info....

·
Registered
455 Posts
Here is EXACTLY what will solve your problem and make your FJ even MOAR effective offroad:

We had these in some desert rides when I was in the Middle East - Land Cruisers and Patrols mostly.

You can easily drop an inch or two and then put air back after you get your FJ past your garage door.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts