Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Judging by the GVRW at 7468lbs that is well over the tow rating for the FJ of 5000. Im sure the power wouldnt be an issue, but getting your rig woahed very well could be. I tow a 23' crownline boat & trailer, which I estimate to be very close to the 5000lb limit & it pulls & stops ok, but even I am probably pushing it. Especially after you account for gear, and in my case fuel in the boat, etc. I wouldnt recommend it.

·
Registered
90 Posts
It would depend on the type of roads, mountain vs flat highways, and how far you are traveling. You are definetly at the upper limit of an FJ.

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
If you get into an accident even if it is 100% not your fault, expect to get sued.

If you need to tow a 7500lbs trailer, you bought the wrong vehicle.

·
Premium Member
13,453 Posts
It would depend on the type of roads, mountain vs flat highways, and how far you are traveling. You are definetly at the upper limit of an FJ.
At the upper end????

It is beyond the upper end by nearly 50%, hooking this up to your FJ is a bad move.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I have to agree with the others, it would not be safe. I tried towing my 5000 lb boat with a 318 V-8 and that was hard.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Stay safe and stay clear of towing that thing!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thank you all for the good info...i didn't think it would be ok... but the trailer is going for a cheap price and is in really good shape...

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
thank you all for the good info...i didn't think it would be ok... but the trailer is going for a cheap price and is in really good shape...
GVW, is the total capacity of the trailer (weight) Plus its load (added weight), you can only tow 5,000lb. So how much does the trailer weight empty? You could possibly buy this trailer.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts