Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a snowplow went by last night and shattered my drivers mirror with the heavy snow and also left the drivers mirror assembly pushed forward on its swivel. i turned it back in place and can replace the mirror portion very easily. but today when i looked at the FJ from the front and sides i noticed the drivers mirror assembly is positioned different that the passengers. the whole mirror assembly is less angled and more forward facing by about 10-30 degrees. there is no damage and the assembly is not lose or broken, it looks rock solid, but its at a slight different angle than the passengers side.

can someone check out their FJ and please confirm...are drivers and passengers side mirror assemblys are the exact same on both sides?

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
They are mirror images of each other. Sorry, I couldn't resist. :lol: Ban me now.
They do have 2 different part numbers on the 2007 parts list. Thats all I can contribute.

·
Premium Member
9,038 Posts

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Thanks Terry and Dave. To the OP. See my adjusted post above. With 2 different Part numbers I'm going to say they are not inter-changeable.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nice one LOL!!!

im not really concerned if they are interchangeable. i just want to know if any additional damage was done beyond the shattered mirror. if they should be 100% the same and mine are not, im taking it up with the city and they are replacing my whole mirror assembly.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Hang on Effj. I'm going to go out to the garage and eyeball the angles on both.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
With both mirror housings in the proper position, they are angled slightly outward on the top. About 1/8 a bubble.
w/Lamp
Part numbers: R 87910-35A00
L 87940-35870
wo/Lamp
Part Number: R 87910-35A00
L 87940-35860

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
With both mirror housings in the proper position, they are angled slightly outward on the top. About 1/8 a bubble.
and they are both angled the exact same, totally identicle? because my drivers is angled about 10-30 degrees more forward than the passenger.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
and they are both angled the exact same, totally identicle? because my drivers is angled about 10-30 degrees more forward than the passenger.
Yes they are both angled exactly the same. See my above post for part numbers. Now these are for the 07 model year. I'd say the plow has done some modifications to your drivers side assembly. If nothing is loose and you can swivel the housing in and out with no problems then I'd just replace the mirror glass.
PN : L 87961-35870. Left as in drivers side glass. Again this is a part number for the 07.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I see absolutely no difference in the photos...
even the head-on shot at the top of the forum page looks like they are identical. Objects observed with them may be closer than they appear though.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
I see absolutely no difference in the photos...
even the head-on shot at the top of the forum page looks like they are identical. Objects observed with them may be closer than they appear though.
I agree. Both sides are identical. So I stand by my above post as to snow plow modification. :mecry:

·
Registered
279 Posts
a snowplow went by last night and shattered my drivers mirror with the heavy snow and also left the drivers mirror assembly pushed forward on its swivel. i turned it back in place and can replace the mirror portion very easily. but today when i looked at the FJ from the front and sides i noticed the drivers mirror assembly is positioned different that the passengers. the whole mirror assembly is less angled and more forward facing by about 10-30 degrees. there is no damage and the assembly is not lose or broken, it looks rock solid, but its at a slight different angle than the passengers side.

can someone check out their FJ and please confirm...are drivers and passengers side mirror assemblys are the exact same on both sides?
Yes, they do have different angles, I had to look at mine about 10 times trying to figure out why they were different, but they are.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Yup, still funny the second around. :lol::rofl::lol:
Thanks Gunny.

Yes, they do have different angles, I had to look at mine about 10 times trying to figure out why they were different, but they are.
It's an optical illusion. :lol: And the power of suggestion.
I put the level on them both. Top,bottom, side's,every imaginable position. Both sides the same. The power of suggestion is very powerful. My wife says I"m very handsome and by God I'am.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Thanks Gunny.

It's an optical illusion. :lol: And the power of suggestion.
I put the level on them both. Top,bottom, side's,every imaginable position. Both sides the same. The power of suggestion is very powerful. My wife says I"m very handsome and by God I'am.
You sir are incorrect.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts