Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

ยท
Registered
2,244 Posts
True! I think for me its just the extra gas smell that gets me. I mean its not tooo bad but with a newborn coming and a toddler currently, I dont want my wife to give me any excuse to get rid of this FJ ive been longing to own ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚.
unless she reads this forum, she will never know. Sometimes it makes sense to play dumb.

When I was a kid, there was leaded gasoline and we used to bathe in it cleaning parts and all. Im still kicking at 60.

ยท
Registered
2,244 Posts
I think certain years do but for mine they only did the obd2 hookup test.
even if they do a visual inspection, FJ's are enough of a one/off for emissions inspection places they probably dont even know what the FJ came with. You can point out, here are the cats on the exhaust manifolds and hey it passes emissions testing.

For my 2020 Auto FJ, I had actual emissions testing done this on the treadmill (versus all prior were just hooking up to OBDII hookup test. Must have had to talk to 4 or 5 people within the emissions testing place to figure out whether the FJ had to go on the AWD treadmill. They went back and forth and finally decided even though the auto was in 2H, it had to go on 4WD treadmill.

My point is they dont have a clue here in the front range of Colorado about FJs and they have been doing testing for decades. They'll probably look at your Y pipe with the mud/patina on it and assume it is OEM and assuming you cam pass the emissions testing guidelines once they are doing an actual test on your model, my guess is you will be fine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts