Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all... my FJ came loaded with everything except the subwoofer!!! And honestly the stereo sounds like crap without one!!! It has the 6disk changer/high end stereo and it even has the sub on/off switch... just no sub... my question is .... is there anywhere to buy the factory sub unit and is the truck wired to the back for it even though it isn't there..... or is the wiring there or an input on the head unit to plug one in that isn't the factory sub? Or is there a custom box out yet for that spot.... thanks for any advice...

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
weissgm said:
Hey all... my FJ came loaded with everything except the subwoofer!!! And honestly the stereo sounds like crap without one!!! It has the 6disk changer/high end stereo and it even has the sub on/off switch... just no sub... my question is .... is there anywhere to buy the factory sub unit and is the truck wired to the back for it even though it isn't there..... or is the wiring there or an input on the head unit to plug one in that isn't the factory sub? Or is there a custom box out yet for that spot.... thanks for any advice...
Yes the truck is prewired for it. I am surprised that your UP1 has the sub switch. I was in the same situation and needed the switch to complete the install. All of the wiring was there, just tied to a dummy switch.

Here is what you have:

You will need:

Subwoofer
Sub Switch
Bottom Wheel Well Cover
4 Screws

All you do is remove all the above pictured items. Then install the sub without the cover, connect the wiring harness, install the sub cover then install the wheel well cover. Also you will need to plug in and install the switch. Total time of uninstall and install would be about 15 minutes.

Here is what it will look like with everything uninstalled

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Where do you get a sub cover if installing it in option package one vehicle? Obviously the sub will be hanging out of that small hole so there must be a housing etc? Sorry to seem dense.. it's my wifes FJ and I don't want to tear it up :) What size should go there and what enclosure is available?

greg

·
Registered
120 Posts
granger how do you get the switchs out?i need to put the subwoofa switch in.i have every thing but the subwoofa & switch.do all fjs have exciters in the ceiling?

·
Registered
644 Posts
Hate to hijack..

But I will be selling my sub...as long as whoever buys it, sends me thier old plastic trim peices!!!!

·
Registered
923 Posts
Angry Andy said:
Hate to hijack..

But I will be selling my sub...as long as whoever buys it, sends me thier old plastic trim peices!!!!
Ha, I just did the reverse of you, I took out the infinity basslink II I had in the FJ and bought/swapped the factory sub off somebody.. Needed the floor space..

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
So if I put an amp there, do I need to buy the switch?

Sandi

1 - 8 of 8 Posts