Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What Is the use for these??-----Is there a switch to turn them on/off? How bright might they be.

Anyone with first hand experience know anything about this?---Just trying to figure out if I really need them---They do look very unique!

Thanks

·
Registered
294 Posts
I've seen them up close. Don't know answers to your questions though.
They were lit up at SEMA and Ojai, but that was daylight. They are more than a marker / indicator light.

I would assume they either have an independent switch or they come on with the other marker lights.

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Not positive, but I thought they were tied in with the headlights, they may also be turnsignals. i'll try to check my source.

·
Registered
294 Posts
EJR said:
Not positive, but I thought they were tied in with the headlights, they may also be turnsignals. i'll try to check my source.
So EJR,
About this source....
Think you guys got room in that yellow FJ for another So Cal bro?

·
Registered
132 Posts
I'm not so sure I would want the mirror lights, my mirrors get knocked around quite a bit, and these mirrors are huge and stick out really far. It seems like its just something more to break. But as long as they make the light covers thick enough and they are breakaway, I foresee no problems.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
I thought I saw in one of the package explanations that they are an option, but I couldn't tell you how long ago that option package explanation was posted.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Percy said:
I thought I saw in one of the package explanations that they are an option, but I couldn't tell you how long ago that option package explanation was posted.

Knocking off one will likely put you in the 3 bill range- alot off money for a oops with a tree.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Urgent Bulletin to all Greenville attendees:
Make sure to test how well the rear view mirrors collapse both backwards and forwards. Those things are as large as Dumbo's ears. They are going to be magnets in parking lots, especially for jealous Xterra owners.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Pancho said:
Urgent Bulletin to all Greenville attendees:
Make sure to test how well the rear view mirrors collapse both backwards and forwards. Those things are as large as Dumbo's ears. They are going to be magnets in parking lots, especially for jealous Xterra owners.
After seeing the pics by Jordan, I see what everyone is concerned about. There should be no reason those "ears" shouldn't be able to collapse....

·
Registered
109 Posts
The mirrors do collapse backwards. The lights are driving lights that are on when the headlights are on. They are very dim though pretty much just to let people know the mirrors are there. I cant remember if they went off with the turn signals I will try and find out.

·
Premium Member
8,355 Posts
Jordansrealm said:
The mirrors do collapse backwards. The lights are driving lights that are on when the headlights are on. They are very dim though pretty much just to let people know the mirrors are there. I cant remember if they went off with the turn signals I will try and find out.
they're probably to warn people on the sidewalk to duck as you're driving by :p

·
Registered
378 Posts
Kind of like the lights on the wings of an airplane. This thing won't fit in my garage unless I fold them .....

·
Registered
378 Posts
ToyBox said:
hhmmmmmm......now that you said that I wonder if it will fit height wise? Especially if I upsize the tires.
I planned on upsizing the tires too, but I also forgot about the roof rack I want too.....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts