Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
I've had my Cruiser now for about 14 hours and echo a lot of the other owner's thoughts on what Toyota has done right with this vehicle. I have to disagree in regards to the FJammer stereo. Mine did come with the sub woofer and I frankly expected more. It's good and probably better than Toyota has put into other vehicles but you really have to push the volume up to get it to perform. It pales severely in comparison to the factory Infinity system in my wife's HEMI Durrango. If you truely appreciate good music then I'd say pass on the FJammer and put a quality aftermarket unit in. IMHO.

-ORR

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
OffRoad Rage said:
I've had my Cruiser now for about 14 hours and echo a lot of the other owner's thoughts on what Toyota has done right with this vehicle. I have to disagree in regards to the FJammer stereo. Mine did come with the sub woofer and I frankly expected more. It's good and probably better than Toyota has put into other vehicles but you really have to push the volume up to get it to perform. It pales severely in comparison to the factory Infinity system in my wife's HEMI Durrango. If you truely appreciate good music then I'd say pass on the FJammer and put a quality aftermarket unit in. IMHO.

-ORR
Thanks for the tip,thats two items to scratch off the list,Thinking the AV-1 nav system mounted in the dash would be nice

·
Registered
51 Posts
I've got a slightly different question. If Southeast Toyota crams one in inspite of the fact you custom ordered one without it, can it be easily removed, or does it leave a gaping raw hole or something?

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
What about something like this? I don't claim to know anything about car audio but I do know that I have sat in and driven FJs with both the UP and the UR package and honestly I could not tell the difference. While I understand that a seperate amp and sub in a good enclosure would do a better job, I would prefer a single compact unit with good sound. Would this be a better solution?

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-FKti9EyIdE8/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=51000&I=108BASSLN2

·
Registered
512 Posts
Hey Granger, you get yours yet?

·
Registered
236 Posts
granger said:
What about something like this? I don't claim to know anything about car audio but I do know that I have sat in and driven FJs with both the UP and the UR package and honestly I could not tell the difference. While I understand that a seperate amp and sub in a good enclosure would do a better job, I would prefer a single compact unit with good sound. Would this be a better solution?

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-FKti9EyIdE8/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=51000&I=108BASSLN2

Wow that sub is boxy and beautiful, just like the FJ. I think that one would look more at home in the back than the factory sub.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Now that I've had this for almost a week, I want another sub for the other side, I'm a libra and need equilibrium. Need both sides to look the same! If anyone gets stuck with a sub in their setup and wants to sell it off with the amp, pm me!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Mine came with the UP 2 and the subwoofer. For my use the subwoofer is as usless as the (fill in the blank) and I lost the storage area. I would consider trading if anyone is interested.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts