Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there

I just got my FJ last Thurs, and was trying to change the text, and followed the instructions I have found in other threads, but I cannot get the 'textbox' to even show up after I turn the vehicle off in Aux mode, and then hold text button down? Nothing ever happens?

Any advice would be great!

Thanks

·
Registered
334 Posts
Re: Can you change FJammer text/color in 2011 models?

Congratulations on the new FJ!

2011's have a completely new radio - does it even say Fjammer when you turn it on?? At any rate, I suspect it is different now. The ability to change the color on the 07-10 Fjammer was in the user manual, but the ability to change the text was someone's discovery (or a dealer known tool).

Does the 2011 manual say anything about changing the color?

·
Premium Member
3,642 Posts
Do you turn the vehicle off, or just turn the radio off?

Maybe that's why I can't get mine to work ('07).

-

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
I know that my 2007 manuel had directions on how to change options. If the 2011 has the options it should be in your owner's manuel.

·
Registered
16 Posts
You just turn the FJammer off while in the aux mode to begin.
The last thing you do after changing the text is to turn the KEY off while holding the "1" button to save it.

·
Registered
4 Posts

The black on orange is hard to read on my 2011. Changing the color would be great. I just checked the manual and there is no mention of changing colors or text.

Let us know if you find a way to change this. If I leave the headlights on during the day, it is flat impossible to even see the text.

·
Registered
4 Posts

btw: Displays FJ Cruiser at power on, not Fjammer. Toyota doc shows all head units have changed in 2011. Single CD is a Pioneer head unit. 6 CD is a "FUJITSU TEN and JBL branded premium audio system". I have a feeling we are stuck with black on orange with the single CD model (JBL may be different).

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Thanks Catman! The FJ has been fun to be in the last 5 days.

Like Joverly said, when you turn the vehicle on, it just says FJ CRUISER on the display, nothing related to FJammer.

Joverly - I agree, I believe we are stuck w/ the halloween colors of black/orange :(

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sounds like 2011 models have diff head units from other articles I have read online. The display doesn't even say 'FJAMMER' when you turn the vehicle on, it just says "FJ CRUISER"...........

There is nothing in the owners manual regarding any changes of color or text unfortunately.

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
I'm going to merge both threads you started.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Thanks Athena.
I too found nothing in my 2011 owner's manual regarding color change.
Happy Halloween!

·
Registered
69 Posts
I test drove an FJ yesterday with the JBL package and it says FJ Cruiser on turn on too not FJammer.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts