Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't. I swear, it has never been loud enough to be noticeably detectable, and I am thinking I need to take it in and have it checked out. These days, I can't even tell when I've turned it on or off. I realize there is a little lag time between hitting the button and actually hearing results, but it just ain't happenin'. This morning, I faded all the sound to the rear, hit the sub button, nothing AT ALL! No difference in sound whatsoever. Anyone else having problems?

·
Premium Member
8,329 Posts
the difference between mine being on and not is night and day....it thumps

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
Hmm, yeah, you should definitely be able to hear it if the music is faded all the way to the rear.

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Yes - the difference should be quite dramatic - on pretty much any type of music really. Try throwing on some bass-heavy music, turning the volume to 50, make sure the sub switch is on, then go back and put your paw over the sub. You should easily hear and feel the sub. If not - perhaps a blown fuse?

Otherwise - Holy Humpty Hump Batman, to the dealership!

Howls,
FJ Wolf

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
Ya got a a bunk woofer! or something like that. I suggest a new amp, sub, speakers and so on.

·
Mistress of Mud
2,684 Posts
Yeah, you should notice a difference, Jen.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, you guys have me convinced. I'm taking her in to the dealership. I'll be tickled sh!tless if they can fix it and I can thump a little!

·
Registered
2,755 Posts

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
I'm all about the THUMP! Yo!

·
Registered
163 Posts
If you wouldn't mind, keep us updated. I'm curious to know too. I feel I'm in the same boat ....

Best of luck ...

·
Premium Member
4,051 Posts
Mine thumps pretty good now after I replaced the sub woofer with 8" JL Audio and an external mono amplifier.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Try listening to Rap music. If it doesn't work with that then you know you have a problem.:rocker:

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Get it checked out. Mine definitely does the job.

·
Registered
226 Posts
If I cut the dash switch off my butt stops vibrating. I can't listen without it on for very long..........definatly adds another dynamic to what I hear.

·
Premium Member
2,753 Posts
Maybe I need to get one. I had a killer system that came with my old blazer. Someone heard it and took it late one night. I do kinda miss rollin around the hood with my lady boomin out some jurassic 5. Anybody got one for sale?

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
I can hear mine, but don't really like it. It's muddy and slow. Although I don't listen to music with a lot of bass, when it does come on, it really stands out. On the rare occasion that I listen to music in the FJ it's usually classical or jazz and the stock bass just doesn't do it for me. Sometimes I turn it off.

·
Premium Member
2,303 Posts
I can hear mine too, but it's pretty useless. I'm planning to remove it to free up a switch slot and some more useable space in the back. ;)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts