Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to mount 2 twelve inch subs in the back of my 08 FJC. but before i do i need to know if i can wire the amp right into the stock radio. if not i'll install a new radio. but before i start taking everything apart i need to know if this is possible.

·
Registered
627 Posts
I'm trying to mount 2 twelve inch subs in the back of my 08 FJC. but before i do i need to know if i can wire the amp right into the stock radio. if not i'll install a new radio. but before i start taking everything apart i need to know if this is possible.
You would need to use a speaker level to line level converter, or buy an amplifier that accepts speaker level inputs.

I don't really recommend this option. It would be better to get a head end unit that has preamplifier outputs.

-FJ Florida-

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
Yes I did it and my stereo is awesome, contact member nda431fj and he can sell you the harness that allows you to run the amp with the rca patchcord seemlessly

·
Registered
627 Posts
Yes I did it and my stereo is awesome, contact member nda431fj and he can sell you the harness that allows you to run the amp with the rca patchcord seemlessly
That is a speaker level to line level converter? Or am I missing something?

-FJ Florida-

·
Premium Member
4,051 Posts
This is what I made for Steve using Scosche LOC80 2-Channel Adjustable Lineout Converter.

For 4 channel RCA out - I used the Scosche SLC4 Speaker Level Converter up to 80 watts/channel;

Car Stereo Output Converter

I made one for AZFJ25.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts