Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts

hey everyone, i have been a reader of this board for several months now and just want to thank everybody for the great information. i put in my order for a 5 sp auto voodoo blue with rock rails in jan and after reading the forum the last couple of days i was getting nervous about not getting what i wanted or paying over msrp, i just recieved my call from my dealer, he said my fj will be here around the 25th and that i got exactly what we ordered. i told him about the forum because he is big into off roading and that some people are getting pissed about there dealers going back on their word about msrp. he said i could give out his name and number only if anyone was serious about the fj, my final cost less taxes is 29,000 and the dealer is in pennsylvania if anyone is interested. thanks for all the great info guys..good luck to everyone....icebox

·
Registered
6 Posts
Test Drive,,,awesome

I've been reading different post for the past couple of weeks, browsing photos etc.
Just test drove a fusion yellow..OMG,,,this is one hell of a machine. Visibility is fine, the rear door is better than i thought, easy to access, rear seat is roomy enough for two. Can't wait for my titanium to arrive next week. Till, then, turn out the lights, this baby rocks..

·
fka JimmyHoops
2,839 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just put in my order for a black MT FJ (2 month waiting time!). I was wondering if any Canadians here know what the speaker set-up on the B model is. I looked at the other forum threads, and couldn't find the answer, nor could I get a good answer from 3 different dealers.

It SEEMS that you get 2 NXT speakers in the roof liner even on the base unit. The dealers told me that you don't, and it only comes in Trim 'C'. Anyone here know for sure? Also, anyone know the total watts for the system on both base and C?

Need to know ASAP, as they do have a Black Manual 'C' package available right now, and this may just tip me in favor of picking it up (didn't want the C package as I would be pulling stuff off it).

·
Registered
277 Posts
You get the two speakers on the dash, the 2 front door speakers and the two speakers in the roof. I've got the B package.

On the C package you get all the above plus 2 rear speakers.

No subwoofer in Canada as far as I know.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks for letting me know! Both dealers told me the speakers in the roof did not come on the B package.

·
Registered
277 Posts
On the Toyota.ca site under FJ Features, it tells you you get 6 speakers with the std package. I know they're in the ceiling because you can feel them & I have the B package.

Dealers focus on selling units, not on the details. If you spend time (hours) hoovering up info on this forum, there is no-one who will be able to shine you.

I always assume they are telling you what they believe is true, but I'd prefer it if they just said "I don't know".
Unlikely, however given human nature

·
Registered
79 Posts
Picked up my C package yesterday in Vancouver BC. No sub woofer as expected but I wonder if all the wiring for switch and speaker are there? Anyone know??????

Got Muck??????????????????

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Albemarle said:
On the Toyota.ca site under FJ Features, it tells you you get 6 speakers with the std package. I know they're in the ceiling because you can feel them & I have the B package.

Dealers focus on selling units, not on the details. If you spend time (hours) hoovering up info on this forum, there is no-one who will be able to shine you.

I always assume they are telling you what they believe is true, but I'd prefer it if they just said "I don't know".
Unlikely, however given human nature
Picked up the "C" package about a week ago. Has 8 speakers.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
bernie said:
are there really bug deflectors for sale in canada?
By bug deflectors do you mean the guards that go over the hood front? I call them stone guards. If this is what you mean, I have it on my FJC. I had my dealer order it before I picked it up. Came from Toyota. There is probably some aftermarket places that have it also.:jester:

·
Registered
170 Posts
YES! Stone guards! Nothing here available in the states. Does yours have air clearance under the bottom to blow out the snow ice? Does it have enough lift to push the bugs above the window? How do you like it? I'm dieing to see some close up pictures and see what people think about the OEM version. No aftermarket available yet but hey seem to be under development. I drive down past woodstock from hamilton to London and the snow is INSANE!

·
Registered
31 Posts
bernie said:
YES! Stone guards! Nothing here available in the states. Does yours have air clearance under the bottom to blow out the snow ice? Does it have enough lift to push the bugs above the window? How do you like it? I'm dieing to see some close up pictures and see what people think about the OEM version. No aftermarket available yet but hey seem to be under development. I drive down past woodstock from hamilton to London and the snow is INSANE!

Hey, i have the dealer one on my FJC ....it not that great...it's only good for stone chips and the space it covers it's about 1/2 of the hood. but when it comes to bugs...it's crap, i took a drive up north and by the time i got there i couldn't see anymore with so much bugs on the windshield

·
Registered
31 Posts
Cogen Man said:
Picked up the "C" package about a week ago. Has 8 speakers.

Hey how do you find the 8 speaker...i have Packge C also and i don't think i'm getting to loud, maybe i'm going deff....???

·
Registered
12 Posts
so is it true the canadian models have a center console cover ?

airrikk17

·
Registered
353 Posts
so is it true the canadian models have a center console cover ?

airrikk17

Yes it Canada we get the beaver pelt center console cover. :)
Just kidding. There is no center console cover.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts