Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Due to COVID-19 and the travel restrictions imposed by the governors of Washington and Oregon. The 2020 Beach run is cancelled. See you guys next year!

·
Registered
97 Posts
It is almost that time of year again! The 2020 Florence Beach Run!

Where: Florence Oregon

When: Friday April 3 - Sunday April 5 (many arrive Thursday, first organized run Friday)

Requirements: Oregon ATV Type II permit and safety flag.
Nice to Bring: CB Radio, shovel and snatch strap. Groups of 5 or larger need someone leading

Buy your permit at:
True Value hardware store at the Dunes Village Shopping Center, 1750 OR-126, Florence , OR.
The Sportsman also sells them at 249 US-101, Florence, OR.

BI-MART. (not sure if they still do permits) On main street as you enter town.
4310 Highway 101
Florence, OR 97439
541-997-2899
Florence Bi-Mart #644 : Monday - Friday 9 am - 8 pm; Saturday 9 am - 6 pm; Sunday 10 am - 6 pm

PLACES TO STAY:

Camping: Jesse Honeymoon State Park is the best place to camp/trailer if you don't mind the cold and rain.
Oregon State Parks and Recreation Department: Jessie M. Honeyman Memorial State Park

Hotels/Houses: There are a few hotels in the are if your significant other doesn't want to camp... Also there are several house rentals which I would recommend if you have a few people in your group.

CB Channel: 21

APPROXIMATE AGENDA (will try to keep updated)
Thursday - Early Bird Night run (TBD)
Friday Day - meet at 10am at South Jetty staging area. Head out at 10:30am after airing down and chit chat.
Friday Night - Night run (TBD)
Saturday Day - meet at 10am. Head out at 10:15.
Saturday Night - Night run (TBD)
Sunday - morning breakfast (TBD). Head home.

MEETING PLACE:

South Jetty Staging Area

Information on Oregon Dunes National Recreation Area:

Map:
Very cool! Does this happen around the same date each year?

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very cool! Does this happen around the same date each year?
Generally, either the last weekend in March or First weekend in April.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I’ve never stayed at Jessie Honeyman park before but I see the sites in loop H have direct dune access.

is that worth it or too much noise? Seems a short drive from the campground to the South Jetty staging

·
Registered
52 Posts
I’ve never stayed at Jessie Honeyman park before but I see the sites in loop H have direct dune access.
H loop is fine, but it is the newest of the loops so there is little undergrowth providing privacy between the sites. The direct dune access is great if you are staging a quad/dirt-bike and cannot drive on the roads to get into the dunes. The dune access from H loop is smack in the middle of the dunes and it will take you a good 20+ mins to navigate to the staging areas where the rest of us will be, having taken a leisurely 3 min drive plus stopping for gas and a coffee on the way from the campground.

·
Registered
24 Posts
H loop is fine, but it is the newest of the loops so there is little undergrowth providing privacy between the sites. The direct dune access is great if you are staging a quad/dirt-bike and cannot drive on the roads to get into the dunes. The dune access from H loop is smack in the middle of the dunes and it will take you a good 20+ mins to navigate to the staging areas where the rest of us will be, having taken a leisurely 3 min drive plus stopping for gas and a coffee on the way from the campground.
Thanks for the confirmation -- I figured it was mostly for quads and dirt bikes. I rented a house last time since I was with a large group, including significant others but want to camp this year.

I'm planning to head to Florence on the 1/25 with a buddy. The more the merrier -- shoot me a message if you want to join.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Cynthia and I are planning to leave Vancouver at the usual time 6 am so that we are at the staging area 10/10:30 to air down after we gas up in Florence. Anyone who wants to join us is welcome.

·
Premium Member
2,706 Posts
Cynthia and I are planning to leave Vancouver at the usual time 6 am so that we are at the staging area 10/10:30 to air down after we gas up in Florence. Anyone who wants to join us is welcome. View attachment 1119462
Diana and I are looking to go this year. Checking the same motel we stayed at 2 years ago.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts