Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Sorry, I'm a little late to the party. Every year I have gone since 2013 this event lined up with Oregon spring break. This year it is the week after. Just curious if this was a planned change or if it just turned out that way.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Cancelling this years trip to the Florence Beach run. It’s in 3 weeks and I don’t foresee the Wuhanvirus situation improving. Bummer because I was really looking forward to the trip.
I just cancelled our hotel reservation.

·
Registered
132 Posts
The Governor is drafting stricter stay at home orders expected to release Monday. It is clear that they are going to force the closure of non-essential businesses. What is not clear is what will be done to force people to stay at home.

On the basis of the event containing more than 25 people it should be canceled or reorganized to ensure we stay in smaller groups.

If VRBO does not offer a better than 50% refund AND there is no direct order to only leave home for essential needs, then I might go. If I do go I will be keeping my distance and avoiding close contact.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
We cancelled too, before the border was closed. My wife works in healthcare so she will be on the front line.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Edit: below link shows the current status of the Suislaw National Forest. As of Sunday night, the dunes are still open (quoted below). Florence City council to meet Monday at 5:30 p.m. to review and consider approval of a resolution declaring a temporary state of emergency within the boundaries of Florence.

"Day use areas, trails, and other campgrounds across the Siuslaw National Forest remain open at this time. Prior to leaving home, visitors are encouraged to check here for the latest updates and information. The situation is rapidly evolving. "

·
Registered
132 Posts
Event should be canceled. I will not be going per Oregon Executive Order 2020-12 page 7, 8

Outdoor Recreation and Travel
"22. Individuals are directed to minimize travel, other than essential travel to or from a home, residence, or workplace; for obtaining or providing food, shelter, essential consumer needs, education, health care, or emergency services; for essential business and government services; for the care of family members, household members, elderly persons, minors, dependents, persons with disabilities, or other vulnerable persons, pets or livestock; travel as directed by government officials, law enforcement, or courts; and other essential travel consistent with the directives of my Executive Orders and guidance from the Oregon Health Authority."

·
Premium Member
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Due to COVID-19 and the travel restrictions imposed by the governors of Washington and Oregon. The 2020 Beach run is cancelled. See you guys next year!

21 - 33 of 33 Posts