Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been searching for the General Grabber Red Letter tires or the Goodyear MTR w/ Kevlar in a 35x12.50x17 and can't find either one. I called General Tire and they are telling me that it will be June before they will be available and I also called Goodyear and they are telling me around September. Does anyone know where I can find either of these tires? I have a few months left on my current tires but really need new ones in time for the FJ Summit. If I can't come up with either of these what other tires would be a good option?

Thanks
:cheers:

·
Premium Member
2,753 Posts
June would be in time for the summit.

I like those tires a lot. I'm still a few months out from buying and I can't make the summit this year (new baby first part of August).

I'm still not sure what I'll be doing. I drive 100+ miles/day but my house is for sale so I can move closer to work. If I lived a reasonable distance I would buy some M/T's If I'm going to keep driving for a while I should probably get A/T's. Gas prices are not helping me either...

Good luck, let us know what you end up doing.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just walked into my local General Tire dealer and ordered my Grabbers. They had them in 48hrs. (315/75r16's) Are you shopping strictly online or locally too? Not the same size I know but they are out there. Find a tire shop that works within a network of dealers that can share inventory. I bet you find some.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just walked into my local General Tire dealer and ordered my Grabbers. They had them in 48hrs. (315/75r16's) Are you shopping strictly online or locally too? Not the same size I know but they are out there. Find a tire shop that works within a network of dealers that can share inventory. I bet you find some.
Thanks for the input but I have called every tire shop in my area and the salt lake valley. I have also spent hours and hours calling all major online tire stores and no luck. I'm thinkin I might just go with the Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ.

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
My good buddy works for Discount Tire...want me to see if he can do anything for you?

edit---call me asap...I have some good news for you... 425-891-7472...max

·
Registered
10 Posts
Have you tried Summit Racing. If they are back ordered there they generally have a good idea when they will arrive. They told me 3 weeks when I called but I needed them this week.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My good buddy works for Discount Tire...want me to see if he can do anything for you?

edit---call me asap...I have some good news for you... 425-891-7472...max
MAX you are awesome!:rocker: Gernerals are on the way!:clap: Thank you!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts