Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:(So i've been studying the 2011 and all options for about 2 months, probably won't do the Trail Teams due to the $6400 jump and minimal negotiating room.
Here's the problem; I've looked at all options & packages and it looks like you cannot get an FJ with the cool TRD wheels & BF Goodrich tires, and ALSO get the floating ball instrument cluster on the dash. Even the toyota website makes it hard build it this way. The only way to get it is to select Off-Road package and TRD package together, but then the Bilstein shock types conflict with each other, which is why it looks like dealers don't combine these items...?
Can any dealer folks comment on this?

· Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2011 TRD is only 2WD I think. Maybe thats your conflicts?
If you're right then yes that would be a problem since I definitely want 4WD. Strange again though that the BF Goodrich All-Terrains seem like they would be a great factory match for 4WD, plus the Toyota website will certainly let you select a 4WD vehicle with a TRD package...

· Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You could be right since the "R" in TRD means "Racing", it could imply 2WD. I just get tired of calling dealerships and instead of answering the question, their response is always: "Let me get your name and number and we'll get right back to you on that...":flame:

· Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks I guess that seems logical. I know one way you can get this combo is to buy the Trail Teams SE version... but of course that is a $6475.00 option, which is a bit rich for my pocketbook and also I'm not sure its worth the cost... (plus I sort of like the standard white roof)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.