Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's one of the adjustable brackets on the cross-slats. It's shaped like this: =C,
and it broke in half while transporting an 7-piece outdoor funiture set. So awesome. It looks like it comes on and off with a star bit.

So is this a part that is attainable from anywhere, or would I have to buy the whole slat?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
The entire slat I believe.. Ron

It's one of the adjustable brackets on the cross-slats. It's shaped like this: =C,
and it broke in half while transporting an 7-piece outdoor funiture set. So awesome. It looks like it comes on and off with a star bit.

So is this a part that is attainable from anywhere, or would I have to buy the whole slat?

Thanks.

·
Banned
2,984 Posts
Yup, the whole thing. Sorry to say. Good luck! And you might try the 2 Toyota parts dealers that support the site....TRDparts4u and TRDSource. You will get forum member discounts there.

Or, find a member here that can part with one.

·
Registered
417 Posts
try a salvage yard

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep, whole slat. $75. Not gonna do it.
So I got an impact/star bit set that I can remove the clamp with from one of the 3 bottom slats. I'll replace the broken one for the long top slat and rock the 2 slats on the bottom for now.
When I get a free couple hours, I'll go the salvage yard route. If the luggage flies off during the road trip, I plan on blaming Desonex.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts